Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    hi prologic,

Please tell us which version of dvdfab cuda worked fine with the gtx1070, like 10.0.6.4.

And Please dump CPU-Z info,

Wilson
    OK ..
    I tried dvdfab 9.2.3.7
    worked like a charm ..
    converting 25gig movie to dvd9 ..
    wish i could enter my own encode bitrate .. as I do a lot of 2 movies to 25 gig at about 11 gig each ..this would be invaluable ... anydvd`s clonebd is rubbish with cuda ..
    Anyway heres my logs and screens shots , a lot different ..also i set the driver , to an old nvidea ..but works with this dvdfab no matter what version ..

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by prologic View Post

OK ..
      I tried dvdfab 9.2.3.7
      worked like a charm ..
      converting 25gig movie to dvd9 ..
      wish i could enter my own encode bitrate .. as I do a lot of 2 movies to 25 gig at about 11 gig each ..this would be invaluable ... anydvd`s clonebd is rubbish with cuda ..
      Anyway heres my logs and screens shots , a lot different ..also i set the driver , to an old nvidea ..but works with this dvdfab no matter what version ..
      Hurray .. I seem to be having luck .. did my first movie , around 1:35 mins and doing my second now
      I updated my bios , but that did not help ...
      I WENT IN TO BIOS and change pcle 2.0 slot to x4
      am wondering also if my card is in the right slot ..
      I have a P8P67 PRO ASUS MUTHERBOARD .. and am using the very bottom socket ..
      I found a photo on google , of my mainboard , and they had their card in the top slot .. so i tried that ..and my expensive monitor would not work after ..
      was gutted .. no power to monitor ..
      I put the card back ... in the same place as before , and was lucky the monitor came back on after a rest ..
      So i still dont know for sure .. but the main thing is .. its working ..
      The video engine load is variable .. which may be better than full throttle .. even if it took 5 hours , that would be ok for me .. but days is silly ?

one thing .. my first attempt had the dvdfab logo in the left hand screen for a while, and this program is registered ?

I enclose some screen shots

Thanks for being patient ..

looking for a new mutherboard and processor in the new year ..

Attached Files

Comment

hi prologic,

Glad to know, the speed is OK.
        The top slot near cpu usually is the fastest one. PCIe speed is important.
        If registered, dvdfab log should not show.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          hi prologic,

Glad to know, the speed is OK.
          The top slot near cpu usually is the fastest one. PCIe speed is important.
          If registered, dvdfab log should not show.

Wilson
          Upto full speed now , using top slot ..first time i tried ..monitor had a fit .. anyway .. only problem i have now.. is am still getting the dvdfab logo , at the top left hand corner , for the first min ..
          I have sucsessfully logged in, with name and password as well ... also uninstalled any previous version and done a registry clean as well ..

Thank you .

Comment

Hi Wilson,
            I am using GTX1060 and it re-encodes a 4K UHD in about 35-45 minutes.
            The GTX1060 only has 1x NVENC engine, but I believe the GTX1080 has 2x NVENC engines.
            On your GTX1080 test rig does DVDFab use both NVENC engines? ANd if so does it encode twice as fast as a GTX1060?

I am thinking about an upgrade to the new GTX 1070Ti but cannot find any information about whether it has 1x or 2x NVENC engines and whether or not both are enabled (e.g. The original GTX1070 had 2x engines but one was disabled).

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by h1jfg View Post
              Hi Wilson,
              I am using GTX1060 and it re-encodes a 4K UHD in about 35-45 minutes.
              The GTX1060 only has 1x NVENC engine, but I believe the GTX1080 has 2x NVENC engines.
              On your GTX1080 test rig does DVDFab use both NVENC engines? ANd if so does it encode twice as fast as a GTX1060?

I am thinking about an upgrade to the new GTX 1070Ti but cannot find any information about whether it has 1x or 2x NVENC engines and whether or not both are enabled (e.g. The original GTX1070 had 2x engines but one was disabled).

Thank you.
              1 enginer is used now. but the speed will be faster than 1060.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

im using a 6gb 1060 and an encode @ 20mb a second is taking me 25-30 minutes - great speeds

Comment

Wilson.Wang Hi Wilson, I have now tried the GTX1060 and the GTX1070Ti and can confirm that the encoding speed on the GTX1070Ti was only fractionally faster than the GTX1060. Maybe 2-3% faster. Certainly not enough to justify the additional cost of the GTX1070Ti for encoding duties alone. As such I am sticking with the GTX1060. Getting good throughput. Happy with performance.

Comment

Originally posted by prologic View Post

Upto full speed now , using top slot ..first time i tried ..monitor had a fit .. anyway .. only problem i have now.. is am still getting the dvdfab logo , at the top left hand corner , for the first min ..
                    I have sucsessfully logged in, with name and password as well ... also uninstalled any previous version and done a registry clean as well ..

Thank you .
                    LICENCE SORTED now .. thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X