DVDFabx64 didn't remove older version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFabx64 didn't remove older version

I'm not sure if this was an oversight or something that was by design but the latest version did not remove the older version. I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

Do you mean the older 32-bit version or an older 64-bit?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It was 10055 and I think it was 32 bit (not positive).

Comment

This is by design, the 64-bit does not overwrite the 32-bit, they can coexist. You can manually uninstall the 32-bit if desired. The first x64 was v10.0.6.2.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I updated from v10.0.6.4 x86 to v10.0.6.5 x64 recently. I haven't uninstalled the x86 version. After the update I was curious if the x64 version was corrently installed. The used OS is Windows 7 Professional x64.

At first the desktop icon as well as the logo on the DVDFab main window in the upper left corner showed no "64" at all. But in the ripper and converter module I noticed something with 4K or so. The about popup, started from the menu, showed also no "64".

After a system restart only the desktop icon shows a "64". But on the DVDFab main window as well as om the about popup there was no 64 visible far and wide. However, the ripper and converter module showed option buttons with 4K. I thought that this was the x64 version but I wasn't really sure if this was the real McCoy.

After reading this thread here, I checked the list of installed programs. I found a DVDFab installation "10.0.6.5" and a "DVDFab installation "x64 10.2.6.5". I deinstalled the "10.0.6.5". I think this was the x86 version.

Thereafter the "64" showing desctop icon was gone. But not the task bar icon; yet this link found no progam.

After deleting the old task bar icon and creating new links on the desktop and the task bar with the remaining program file from the x64 installation now the desktop icon as well as the DVDFab main window and even the about popup shows a "64".

Well, if one installs the x64 version without uninstalling the x86 version before, I would like to get a desktop icon for each v10 installation. So one can choose plainly the favored version. For example, this works very well for an old v9 installation - a v10 installation leaves the v9 installation untouched. Even the links on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
            X