Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to recognize the installed version (x64 or x86) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to recognize the installed version (x64 or x86) ?

I just updated to DVDFab v10.0.6.5. And by the way, I switched from the x86 version to the x64 version. So far, so good. All works fine. After starting the updated and switched software I noticed something with 4K or so, which seems to tell me that the x64 version is installed. Out of curiosity I watched the "About Note" in the menu. It tells me that DVDFab v10.0.6.5 is installed. But I haven't seen any clue regarding the x64 version. Wouldn't it be better, if the About Note tells one the exact version? In my case maybe "DVDFab v10.0.6.5 x64"?

The desktop icon should show a "64" in the lower right corner. If you open DVDFab, the x64 version shows "64" in the upper left of the screen, near the Fab logo. If the desktop icon does not show the 64 but it does appear as in the capture, you can edit the icon properties and use Change Icon to get the correct one.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 x64.png Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	343981
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, the desktop icon shows a "64". But only after a system restart. However, in the upper left screen there is no 64 visible far and wide. My thought was that the about popup should provide such information. Maybe one should deinstall the x86 version first before installing the x64 version? I updated from v10.0.6.4 x86 to v10.0.6.5 x64.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shows64.png
Views:	211
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	343997Click image for larger version

Name:	ShowsNo64.png
Views:	210
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	343998Click image for larger version

Name:	ThisSouldProvideInformation.png
Views:	221
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	343999

Comment

Hi,

It's a bug that the desktop shorcut is wrong sometimes after install DVDFab 32 & 64 versions together. And it will be fixed in next version.

And you should still start up DVDFab 32-bit version.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X