64 bit version of DVDFAB transfers files slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit version of DVDFAB transfers files slowly

Not sure if this should be here or in the Movie Server forum, but I have recently updated to the 64 bit version of DVDFAB. Transfers across the network to the Movie serve run about 1/3 the speed of the 32 bit version of DVDFAB. Transfers using windows copy also run 3 times faster.

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
    Not sure if this should be here or in the Movie Server forum, but I have recently updated to the 64 bit version of DVDFAB. Transfers across the network to the Movie serve run about 1/3 the speed of the 32 bit version of DVDFAB. Transfers using windows copy also run 3 times faster.
    Hello,

Just to confirm, the transfers happened under same computer, same network connection, same movie source?

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file as well.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Tbrown,
      It is normal for transfers from within DVDFab to be slower, since they are limited by the read speed of the optical drive and decryption overhead. The Windows copy to share can be very fast with ethernet.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Mona,

Comment

Mona: Yes same computer, file and network connection.

Signals: The speed of transfer using the 32 bit version of DVDFAB (same computer, network, file, etc.) is 3 times faster than the 64 bit version of DVDFAB....

Comment

And just to clarify, I am not referring to the overall speed of the entire process. I am looking at the network transfer rates and the time to do only the transfer of the file to the Movie server only.

Comment

Here the 64 bit version is also slow, when it comes to create an ISO file from a DVD. The copy process runs as fast as with the 32 bit version. But the following step to create the ISO file lasts "forever". The duration is extended from 2-3 Minuten using the 32 bit version to more than 20 minutes with the 64 bit version! Here also same computer, network and movie source. The system is Windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

Hi,

We don't reproduce the problem. The speed of transferring a same DVD iso file to Movie Server using 32-bit and using 64-bit version are almost the same.

Which 32-bit and 64-bit DVDFab versions are used now? Please post log files of DVDFab.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

I use version 10.0.6.8, 32-bit and 64-bit. I do not use the internal hard drive of my PC to store the temp data from the DVD. I have two Synology NAS. Their volumes are mapped as network drives. In the first step the data is copied by DVDFab to the temp folder on the first NAS. In the second step the ISO file is created on the second NAS. The PC has two Gigabit network connectors. The communication between PC and the first NAS runs through the first network connector. The communication between the PC and the second PC runs through the second network connector. The connecting switch is a Gigabit switch with 2 Gigabit backplane speed.

Maybe the network drives makes the difference.

For me the logs shows no different behaviour except the tiume difference between x86 and x64 version.

Funnily enough the x64 ISO is 512 byte smaller than the x86 ISO but at first glance fully operable.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wgk.derdicke; 12-06-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X