No announcement yet.

DELETE button missing from current task after read error terminates dvd copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELETE button missing from current task after read error terminates dvd copy

When a critical read error occurs, canceling the tasks in the current queue is not possible. One must exit the program and restart to be able to delete the tasks from the queue. As shown in the attached photo (fab1er), if one selects "YES" then the Task Queue Manager dialog box has only CONTINUE LATER, PAUSE, or CANCEL. If you then select CANCEL the same DVDFab popup box shows up with only YES or NO,. If one selects PAUSE then the Task Queue Manager dialog box only changes Pause -> Continue. If one selects CONTINUE LATER the Windows 10 security advisor (fab3er) asks if I want to allow DVDFab to execute. Approving the execution pops up the strange dialog box "0 task(s) added to scheduled tasks, starting at 00.00" as shown in the second image (fab2er). Dismissing that dialog box goes back to the original Task Queue Manager and that windows must be closed using the [X] at the top right. When closed I am informed that all tasks are canceled. However, they are still in the Task Manager Queue and there is no delete key to remove them from "CURRENT TASK". One must close the entire program to get rid of the defective tasks. They can be deleted from the Schedule Task but not from the "CURRENT TASK".
    1. Suggest you fix the problem where the Windows 10 security popup asks if I want to allow DFVDFab to run. It is already running. I assume you are forking an app to handle the cancel dialog box.operation. It should have the same credentials as the original DVDFab program or whatever it takes to avoid Windows 10 asking if I am sure I want to run the program..
    2. Please add a "DELETE" button to the Task Queue Manager. for current tasks. One should not have to close the program to get rid of the unwanted tasks when a disk read error occurs.

Maybe I am doing something wrong is also a possibility.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 11-30-2017, 03:44 PM.

BB,
    The popup is due to your UAC settings in Windows (which you can change), not anything in DVDFab. If you use the As Administrator option when installing or running Fab it might go away. The task queue manager should have boxes to the left of each task that allow you to select which ones to delete, but I don't see them in your captures, perhaps because of the read error, which I can't duplicate without a bad disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X