CUDA encodes only - no decode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA encodes only - no decode

Not sure where my previous post disappeared to - so apologies if it reappears and this becomes a duplicate!

As per the title. Using an NVidia GTX1060, CUDA only encodes, and doesn't decode - this lengthens the time taken to rip a 2hr movie to in excess of one hour! The 32-bit version both decodes and encodes using CUDA and rips the same movie in less than 30 minutes.

I've checked settings, and CUDA is enabled in every box - it simply doesn't work (as far as decoding goes anyway)!

Oh, I'm ripping to MKV H264, High Quality.

Last edited by Mudmover; 12-12-2017, 11:23 AM. Reason: Tried to upload screenshot but the server keeps downsizing image!

Further to my last...... since installing the 64-bit version of DVDFab, my 32-bit version is now also displaying the same behaviour. Are there common files that would inhibit the decoding ability of CUDA?

I did also upgrade to 10.0.7.2 32-bit (although program displays ....7.1 and offers to update to 7.2, which I've done with the same results).......

Comment

Your other thread is still there but I will delete it. A screen capture is not necessary for this purpose, but if you should need to supply one in the future, the maximum size is 700x500 and better results are obtained with .png files from mspaint. Be sure to crop the image to the area that illustrates your problem.

As to the other problems, please attach the DVDFab internal log session and the fabcheck log to help diagnose them. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think this depends on if you have lightning shrink checked marked with cuda as it uses both together during rips for max speed a I-7 should rip a blu ray in 27-30 mins from disk.with lightning shrink and cuda.

Added during edit:I did Avatar from hard drive ISO to MKV high quality in 8.5 mins on a I-7 Fab 1068 64bits the GPU info said Cuda Acceleration for lightning shrink enabled 400---500 FPS avg. That's with lightning and all cuda check marked in Fab settings with the 1060 3gigs memory on board.
        Last edited by Faith; 12-12-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hi Signals, and Faith - thanks for your inputs.

I can't upload the logs, as I went ahead and deleted the 64-bit program, followed by the vanilla 32-bit version, and all data. I then re-installed the 32-bit version and all is well again.

However, the messages that pop up have changed. In 10.0.6.8 (32-bit) I got two separate messages, one saying CUDA for decoding enabled, and one saying CUDA for encoding enabled - or similar - nothing mentioned lightning shrink (although it was enabled in the settings - on both the 32 and 64 bit versions).

With my clean install of 10.0.7.1 I now get "CUDA GPU acceleration for Lightning-Shrink enabled" - which is fine, I don't care what the message is - just as long as it works! I'm now back to ripping Blu-Rays at 125fps+, Core i5, 16GB RAM, and GTX 1060.

Think I'll leave the 64-bit version until it matures a little!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X