This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab32 vs. Fab64

If I bought Fab32, can I also use Fab64?

And does it install in parallel, for testing reasons?

Yes and Yes.
    It will, however, use the same log folder under User>Documents>DVDFab 10.

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
      It will, however, use the same log folder under User>Documents>DVDFab 10.
      Yes, but one can customize that behaviour in the setup menu. I created a "DVDFab 10" folder for the 32 bit application and a "DVDFab 10 x64" folder for the x64 application. This separates the log folders and subsequently each version uses their own log files.

Comment

Originally posted by wgk.derdicke View Post

Yes, but one can customize that behaviour in the setup menu. I created a "DVDFab 10" folder for the 32 bit application and a "DVDFab 10 x64" folder for the x64 application. This separates the log folders and subsequently each version uses their own log files.
        That's a great idea.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wgk.derdicke View Post

BUMP,

I had already done that on my Windows 7, x64.

I have since changed to Windows 10, x64 (New comp)(Much more powerful) Is there any advantage in having both DVDFab 10 and DVDFab 10 x64 coexisting on my computer?

I understand that they CAN coexist, what I am asking is WHY?

Comment

mdgboxx Different users may have different reason, but I keep both versions for testing purposes. As you know both versions are updated quite frequently and sometimes there is a small bug that appears in an update of the 64 bit version but not 32 bit. Or a copy will fail in the 64 bit version but run ok in the 32 bit version. This not a common occurrence but has happened a few times times, so I always keep both on my PC, just in case.

Comment

LaciBacsi

As you pointed out, it is not common but it does happen. 64 bit version is a little finicky at times. It definitely answers: "WHY" for me.

Thank you, LaciBacsi

Comment

I know you can't use the YouTube downloader module on the 64 bit version. It'll only work with the 32-bit version, so that might be a reason for some to have both on one PC.

Comment

There are some slight differences between the versions, which have varied over time and will probably continue as development continues.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X