The screen lags behind in fast scenes when watching a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screen lags behind in fast scenes when watching a movie

Something I've noticed for quite some time now is how the screen when watching a movie and in particular when the source was a Blu-ray disc doesn't keep up with the scenes in the movie. This is mostly in fast scenes where the camera moves around a lot and huge parts of the screen needs to be redrawn quickly.

I'm streaming the movie files over a wired Gbit-connection and playing them on an Intel NUC using Kodi. I'm using AVI as the container with standard quality and fast encoding selected. I have tried using high quality as well but that has not solved the problem.

Any idea what would be the likely cause of this kind of issue? I'm thinking if maybe using another container such as MKV would give a better result? Or could it be the NUC that isn't powerful enough?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Does this happen on 100% of BD Sourced files? How about if you play them on a PC on which the file resides locally? For my players, MP4 and MKV seem to work better, AVI is so 80s Fast motion and horizontal pans generate high peak bitrates which are apparently bottlenecking somewhere, either in encoding, network or player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah, will try to see if it works better on my main PC where I have the movies stored to rule out the network and the NUC. Might also give MKV a try to see if the result is better.

It's not a big issue because I only see the issue sometimes and then it recovers within seconds but would be nice to get rid of the issue all together.

Comment

Working...
      X