Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x64 slow DVD Read

Hi,

Since switching to x64, every DVD backup I have made maxes out at 2.64Mb/s read. I was getting 8 or more previously.

I can read at greater speeds with other program.

I was not able to find similar post, so I am guessing it is with my particular setup.

I am running 2 Pioneer BDR-206 optical drives with the latest FW, on an Intel CORE 5 machine with a Win10 OS, more than 1/2 a terabyte of free disk space and 8GB of memory.

Any suggestions?

thanx in advance,
    DCE

I have not noticed this, I get 12-14MB/s even on my older laptop. Check for conflict with some other software. That speed you report is barely 2x. You have good drives that are capable of much better speeds.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Agree and thanx for the quick response. I have not found a root cause, but appear to have stumbled on a fix.

I ran a drive speed test (not certain if I am permitted to say which program in this forum), and it indicated 16x read speeds for both drives. so I knew the drives were working.

after that I did a backup on a DVD that I had this slow read issue with earlier in the day, and it now completed at around 10x.

I am guessing that some flag had gotten miss-set, and was somehow corrected by the speed test. But I can only speculate!

all is good now, and I know what to do if it happens again
      Thanx,

Comment

Working...
      X