DVDfab will not start after iTunes installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab will not start after iTunes installation

I got an iPhone for Christmas so I installed iTunes yesterday. Now DVDfab will not start. I've unstalled all Apple programs, restarted the computer and still DVDfab will not start . . . any suggestions?

try checking your firewall or antivirus software to see if they aren't blocking dvdfab from starting
    make sure that you are running dvdfab as administrator.

Comment

October 262, Thanks for your suggestions: Checked firewall . . . DVDfab processes already excluded. Shut down anti-virus . . . DVDfab will still not start . . . attempted to run DVDfab as administrator . . . DVDfab will still not start.

Comment

Shut down and restart windows. If you have already done this, zip the DVDFab LOG folder and attach it to a post. Do you see the DVDFab splash screen? Which version of DVDFab is installed? If not the latest, get the latest and install it As Admin and try again.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply . . . DVDfab 64 version 10.0.7.9 . . . I have no experience in obtaining log files without the DVDfab program running . . . I haven't been able to find the log files within the DVDfab10 directory searching under today's date. . . how does one find the log files?

Comment

you can try to check where is your log files from "common settings->diagnosis" as enclosed screen shot
            Attached Files

Comment

William, the DVDfab program will not initiate so I can't access 'common settings'.

Comment

try restarting your computer in safe mode [ with networking ] and see if dvdfab will run.

Comment

OK, it is a little bit complicate, here is how I can find my path for log files -

1. launch cmd.exe for a command prompt window
                  2. execute "regedt32.exe"
                  3. check HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QtProject\Organiza tion Defaults\FileDialog
                  4. check "lastVisited" and it will show you the path of your log files

Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by williamwang0610; 02-01-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

You can browse for it in file explorer, it resides here: Click image for larger version

Name:	log.png
Views:	185
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	348809
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312 . . . . dvdfab internal file for DVDfab 10.0.7.9 is attached. . . allow me to summarize the steps taken prior to obtaining this log . . . all Apple related software was purged using RevoUninstaller (of course iTunes may, in fact, not be the culprit) . . . I attempted to run DVDfab in safe mode with networking with no luck . . .uninstalling and reinstalling DVDfab was also unsuccessful.

Comment

After posting the above log files I remembered that I should have edited the log files to include only the appropriate dated files. Attached are the log files starting on 1_31_17 when DVDfab failed to initialize.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonedoctor View Post
                          After posting the above log files I remembered that I should have edited the log files to include only the appropriate dated files. Attached are the log files starting on 1_31_17 when DVDfab failed to initialize.
                          Hello bonedoctor,

Please uninstall DVDFab, download a fresh one from http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and install it to other directory like drive D rather than the default drive C, and then run it as administrator and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                          mona

Comment

Mona, I didn't attempt to install DVDfab on another drive yet. What I did do was restore windows to a disk image saved before I downloaded the iTunes software. After performing this operation (taking 14 hours), DVDfab worked perfectly. However, after shutting the computer down and starting it back up, once again DVDfab would not start. Apparently I have a start up process that is interfering with initializing DVDfab. Do you have a list of startup processes that interfere with DVDfab or have you heard of someone else with this issue?

Comment

I still recommend an uninstall and download a fresh installer, install as administrator. You can run task manager, select the startup tab and disable all the terminate and stay resident stuff that loads on boot up. You always go back and enable them if it doesn't help.
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X