Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BD disc is never read - what does it mean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD disc is never read - what does it mean.

Hi,

First off let me say that I always keep DVDFab up to date.

However sometimes when I insert a BD disc the drive never shows any indication that the disc is being read. And naturally I cannot rip the disc.

It happens with the 32 bit version as well.

DVD discs always seem to work.

What is happening in the case of these BD discs?

Thanks.

Frederick

Is this a laptop or a slim drive?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

My computer is a home-built unit using a Gigabyte X99-SOC Champion-CF motherboard with an Intel Core i7-5930K cpu.

The drive I normally use is an full size external USB connected unit - Plextor PX-B310U.

There is another drive that I try when the Plextor has problems reading a disc - an internal full size Lite-On LH-20A1S drive SATA connected unit.

But the discs that prompted me to make this post behaved the same in either drive.

Frederick

Comment

Please take the following steps and tell us the results:
        Close DVDFab and any other decrypters or disc burners
        Put a an original Blu-ray disc in one of your drives
        Open Windows Explorer and see if windows can see the disc in the drive, as shown below.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 BDDRIVE.png
Views:	167
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	349512

If you don't see it, the problem is in your PC or drive, not in DVDFab.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you. That is what I needed to know. Windows is NOT seeing these "problem" BD discs.

I have ordered two new drives based on your list of approved units.

Frederick

Comment

I hope that corrects the problem, good luck with it. DVDFab should be able to see and open discs on any drive that Windows can see.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X