New free version is forcing me to buy "BD COPY" in order to open a Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New free version is forcing me to buy "BD COPY" in order to open a Blu-ray

Hi. I just recently updated the free version of DVDfab Hd Decrypter for the mos recent. But now I can't no longer copy BD disks on my pc. I keeps telling me "To open this Blu-ray disc, you need to buy or renew DVDfab "Blu-ray Copy". Normally, unless something changed recently and I haven't been told, this option of copying a disc on your PC is free.

So, what did I do wrong this time. Can anybody please help me with this problem ?

Thanks to answer

The free version (HD Decrypter) does not work for all discs, only older ones. If you want to decrypt recent titles you will need to purchase a license.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok. But doesn't the free version get uptdated once in a while with newer titles ?

Comment

The DVD Copy did at one time, and Blu-ray Copy has been at least once that I can remember. I am not aware of an update for either one recently, sorry.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok. At some point since this new update, every dvd & blu-ray (even ones that I've made some years ago) that I run with the software enable directly the trial version of the "DVD Copy" or BD Copy" instead of the free version for a basic copy on hard drive. Why ? Is it a bug with the software or is it a a way from dvdfab to tell that the free version is no more ?

Comment

Are you asking that it not default to trial mode if it is available? This is unlikely to happen, since it would seem to thwart the purpose of the trial.

Comment

Hi,

HD Decrypter will be used automatically after the trail version is expired, and as signals said that the recent new movies could not be opened in HD Decrypter.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X