DvdFab x64 10.0.8.4 Program crashing randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvdFab x64 10.0.8.4 Program crashing randomly

Since using x64 10.0.8.4, the program has crashed four times.
    Whereas x64 10.0.8.1, never crashed once.

There are no Logs under Temp/ReportCrash.
    There is also nothing in the internal.log, that shows any reasoning behind the crashes.

The crashes happen with both dvds and blurays.
    I'm running Win10 with the latest updates and an Nvidia GTX1060 with the latest drivers.

Is anyone else having issues with x64 10.0.8.4?
    Here is the internal.log.
    The last entry is the crash.
    It was ripping Final Destination 2 on DVD.
    Attached Files

Just installed the latest DVDFab 10.0.8.6 x64 and it has the same random crashing problem as 10.0.8.4 did.
    I never tried the 10.0.8.5 beta.

Can someone please look into these crashes?
    There is nothing in the log to post and there isn't a Crash Report either.

Using a Windows 10 with the latest updates.

Comment

When you say "crashes", what actually happens and at what point? Do you get an error message or does it just bomb out ... or freeze? I have used 10.0.8.4 x64 a few times and have had no issues. Have not yet tried the newest version. Do both x86 and x64 versions crash? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall Fab (that usually takes care of 90% of the issues I have had in the past).

Comment

Looking at your log, it appears that you were doing a conversion to mobile. I mainly only use DVD or Blu-ray copy to make backups to DVD9 or BD25s, and those seem to work ok on 10.0.8.4 so there may be issues with the conversion module of the program. I would still recommend doing an uninstall/reinstall cycle.

Comment

Crashes as in DVDFab stops responding and asks me if I won't to close the program.
          After closing the program and restarting it, the bluray or dvd rips as usual.

I was ripping a dvd (happens with bluray also) using H265.10bit.mkv profile.

Comment

Hello FQs19,

Please post the latest log file from DVDFab 10.0.8.6 x64, we need dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

You can also disable GPU acceleration to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hello FQs19,

Please post the latest log file from DVDFab 10.0.8.6 x64, we need dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

You can also disable GPU acceleration to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
              Mona
              Unfortunately, I've deleted the log folder after the issue happened since I already had posted the log from the previous crash.

I will completely uninstall DVDFab and do a clean install.
              I will leave the Log folder intact and if the program crashes again, I will post the logs you requested.

Comment

Please try the newly released version(s), I could not duplicate the crashing you reported, but there were some crash fixes in the changelogs.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Please try the newly released version(s), I could not duplicate the crashing you reported, but there were some crash fixes in the changelogs.
                  I installed 8.6 when it came out.
                  Don't remember if that crashed or not.

I will try 8.7 with a clean install.

Comment

I hope the new versions work well, but if the crashing continues, post again with a new log.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab 10.0.8.7 x64 crashed randomly after ripping only 5 movies.
                      I did a complete uninstall and deletion of all DVDFab folders then reinstalled DVDFab 10.0.8.7 and reconfigured my settings from scratch.
                      No other programs were running besides DVDFab.
                      My Windows 10 pc and GTX 1060 videocard are both up to date.

Attached are the logs you requested.

Thanks for the support.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

We will try to reproduce the problem first, thank you for your report.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

Hi,

We will try to reproduce the problem first, thank you for your report.

Regards,
                          Mona
                          The crashes seem to happen more when ripping a DVD than a Bluray.
                          It might be a CUDA problem since that's usually the last log entry before it crashes.

I will try using Software only and see if the crashes continue.

Comment

Hi FQs19,

We could not reproduce the problem. Please download and install the latest DVDFab 10.0.9.0 to get update and then try again.

If the same crash happened, please save the crash file and send it to us. Thank you.

Regards,
                            Mona

Comment

Hi FQs19,

We could not reproduce the problem. Please download and install the latest DVDFab 10.0.9.0 to get update and then try again.

If the same crash happened, please save the crash file and send it to us. Thank you.

Regards,
                              Mona
                              Hi Mona,
                              The crashes are not happening anymore.
                              But thanks for looking into it.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X