Stuck on "Open DVD source:"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on "Open DVD source:"

I am trying to use DVDFab Ripper and can't seem to get past the "Open DVD source:" dialog box on any movies. I am using DVDFab64 but I also tried the original version to see if it was an x64 issue. This is a Blu Ray drive so I also tried using a Blu Ray but nothing seems to work. I have been using DVDFab for a long time on another laptop but I just build a media server and have never been able to get this to work. I know the drive works because I was able to rip a couple of movies (both DVD and Blu Ray) using MakeMKV and Handbrake but no such luck with DVDFab. I have searched the internet and tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps (like running DVDFab as Administrator) but so far nothing has seemed to solve the issue. Any ideas?

The DVDFab internal log session from one of these failed conversions will help to diagnose the problem. Instructions for this can be found here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have attached the dvdfab_internal log file for review (sorry, I probably should have posted that before). Anyway, when looking through the log file, it looks like it opens the DVD and recognizes it since it even grabs the appropriate Movie Poster but it then hangs there. Once it gets stuck on the Open DVD source dialogue box then you can't cancel out or close the window. I have let it sit here for hours before to see if it will clear for but, for this test shown in the log, I let it run for about 10 minutes to try and open the source. When it gets stuck like this, I can either CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill it or it will cancel the load process if I open the optical drive tray, which I did here.

dvdfab_internal.txt ​​​​​​​

Comment

Not sure if the log file posted correctly so posting again. Sorry.

dvdfab_internal.txt

Comment

Please go to Common Settings>DVD>DVD Protection to uncheck the option "Enable Cloud Decryption Service" to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Mona

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. That seemed to do something but still didn't quite solve the problem. Instead of immediately getting stuck on the Open Source dialog, it quickly moved to a Reading/Writing Error Control message saying there were some read errors. I tried it on a couple of different discs but got the same result so I clicked "Ignore All" and let it run but then got back to Analyzing the disc but never opened. Attached is the updated log file for the latest attempt.

dvdfab_internal.txt ​​​​​​​

Comment

DVDFab is having problems reading the disc and communicating with your drive. If you get this type of error on more than one disc, the drive is either dirty or failing or you may have a conflict with other software on your PC.
              Originally posted by yourlog
              0m 44.71s: failed to get configuration: sensekey 05 asc 20 acsq 00, also: 2m 13.35s: read error: 3 177077 2286117 177081 0 2 177077
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the info. Any ideas on how to resolve? I am having this on all discs when using DVDFab but if I use MakeMKV with Handbrake I am able to rip and convert so I didn't think it was the drive but could be software. I checked running processes in task manager but can't find anything that could be interfering. Any ideas where to look next?

Comment

Originally posted by jasnic23 View Post
                  Thanks for the info. Any ideas on how to resolve? I am having this on all discs when using DVDFab but if I use MakeMKV with Handbrake I am able to rip and convert so I didn't think it was the drive but could be software. I checked running processes in task manager but can't find anything that could be interfering. Any ideas where to look next?
                  DVDFab uses the ExactRead technology to help identify the status of the movie disc, once it detects any read error on the disc, it will notify you and stops the process to avoid creating a copy in problem. You can check this page https://www.dvdfab.cn/exactread.htm to have more info about this technology.

For now, please do clean the disc and your DVD drive before you insert the disc to drive. Go to Common Settings>Drives>Read, mark the option "ignore all the reading errors automatically" to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

Working...
                  X