Rip of Justice League (US) Won't Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip of Justice League (US) Won't Play

I'm using 10.0.9.0 x64 to rip Justice League (2017) (US) blu-ray 58B0D92AAB23A0BDB3BDA173804AB2D939C8EDC6
    using MKV.H265.10bit CRF 22 High Quality.
    For some reason, the file won't play with VLC or Windows 10 Movie & TV app. It will play with Plex but only when it's transcoded.
    WIndows 10 doesn't even know the file's properties.
    I have already updated my Nvidia drivers, K-lite codec package, and restarted my pc, with no luck.
    This is the only disc that is having this issue.
    Can anyone explain what's going on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	353613

Views:	315
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	353614
    This is the Plex media info:

<Media videoResolution="1080" id="8345" duration="7202553" width="1920" height="1080" aspectRatio="1.78" audioChannels="8" audioCodec="truehd" videoCodec="hevc" container="mkv" videoFrameRate="24p"videoProfile="main 10">
    <Part accessible="1" exists="1" id="8706" key="/library/parts/8706/1524878449/file.mkv" file="P:\Plex Media\Movies\Justice League (2017)\Justice League (2017) (Atmos).mkv" size="13400807577"container="mkv" videoProfile="main 10">
    <Stream id="16643" streamType="1" default="1" codec="hevc" index="0" bitDepth="10" chromaSubsampling="4:2:0" colorPrimaries="bt709" colorRange="tv" colorSpace="bt709" colorTrc="bt709" frameRate="23.976"height="1080" level="120" profile="main 10" refFrames="1" width="1920"/>
    <Stream id="16644" streamType="2" selected="1" default="1" codec="truehd" index="1" channels="8" language="English" languageCode="eng" audioChannelLayout="7.1" bitDepth="24" samplingRate="48000"/>
    </Part>

The developers are trying to reproduce the problem. Please kindly wait, thank you.

Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      The developers are trying to reproduce the problem. Please kindly wait, thank you.

Mona
      Thank you Mona.

Comment

Mona,

I just tried another disc and that one has the same problem.
        After ripping, it doesn't play and isn't recognized properly.
        I'm trying to rip Downsizing (2017) (US) blu-ray D8D55B497CF16C00D3991BC0CE90AF53CC69865B
        with 10.0.9.0 x64 in MKV.H265.10bit CRF 23 High quality.

I've uninstalled DVDFab cleanly and reinstalled starting fresh, but that didn't help. The files are still unplayable.

So as of right now, I can't rip any disc.
        I thought at first it was an issue with TrueHD and Atmos audio, but for some reason, it's any disc.

I'm hoping this gets resolved quickly.

Views:	293
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	353647

Comment

So I've rolled-back to 10.0.8.8 and I'm not having any issues with creating a rip in MKV.H265.10bit.
          So it's definitely 10.0.9.0 that is the issue.

I'm attaching files from the good rip I just did with 10.0.8.8.

Here is the file info from Plex:
          <Media videoResolution="1080" id="5417" duration="6919371" bitrate="9398" width="1920" height="800" aspectRatio="2.35" audioChannels="6" audioCodec="dca-ma" videoCodec="hevc" container="mkv"videoFrameRate="24p" audioProfile="ma" videoProfile="main 10">
          <Part accessible="1" exists="1" id="5696" key="/library/parts/5696/1515696670/file.mkv" duration="6919371" file="P:\Plex Media\Movies\The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)\The Bourne Ultimatum (2007).mkv"size="8128263684" audioProfile="ma" container="mkv" videoProfile="main 10">
          <Stream id="9483" streamType="1" default="1" codec="hevc" index="0" bitrate="9398" bitDepth="10" chromaSubsampling="4:2:0" colorPrimaries="bt709" colorRange="tv" colorSpace="bt709" colorTrc="bt709"frameRate="23.976" height="800" level="120" profile="main 10" refFrames="1" width="1920"/>
          <Stream id="9484" streamType="2" selected="1" default="1" codec="dca" index="1" channels="6" bitrate="4208" language="English" languageCode="eng" audioChannelLayout="5.1(side)" bitDepth="24"profile="ma" samplingRate="48000"/>
          </Part>
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please use Copy-Main Movie mode to load one of the problematic disc as source, select one or two chapters to create a chapter copy, see if you will get the same playback problem, if so, please send us this chapter copy, so that we can test on our side, thank you.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi,

Please use Copy-Main Movie mode to load one of the problematic disc as source, select one or two chapters to create a chapter copy, see if you will get the same playback problem, if so, please send us this chapter copy, so that we can test on our side, thank you.

Regards,
              Mona
              So I just updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest, 397.31 and wiped DVDFab 10 cleanly.
              I installed 10.0.9.0 x64 again and Ripped chapter 2 of Justice League (2017) (US), which has been a problem title, twice.
              First, it was ripped as I usually do with MKV.H265.10bit High Quality Subtitles Direct Render to Video.
              Second, it was ripped as you asked. I used MKV Passthrough Subtitles Remuxed.
              Third, it was ripped using just MKV.H265 without 10bit, High Quality Subtitles Direct Render to Video.

The First rip came out bad like previously. File is unknown. (The bottom file in the screenshot)
              The Second rip came out perfect. No issues playing the file. (The top file in the screenshot)
              The Third rip came out bad. File is unknown just like the 10bit rip.

So I'm not sure where the problem lies. I hope you can figure it out, because I don't have the storage space to rip everything losslessly.

I'm attaching a link to both the 10bit and Passthough files for you to view.
              If you need anything else for troubleshooting, please let me know.
              Thank you again.

MKV.H265.10bit file

MKV.Passthrough file

Views:	333
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	354001

Comment

there's a new x64 beta version out - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ut-may-03-2018

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  there's a new x64 beta version out - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ut-may-03-2018
                  I did see that.
                  I'll update after I hear back from Mona, in case she needs more info to fix the problem.

Comment

Updated to the 10.0.9.1 beta, issue remains.
                    The only profile in Ripper that works is Passthrough.
                    Copy>Main Movie also works.
                    However, I don't use either of those. I only use Ripper with MKV.H265.

I'm using a pc with Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.371
                    and an Nvidia Geforce GTX1060 6gb videocard.

Do you have any update on this issue?

Comment

do you get the same results if you click common settings - av codec - and switch everything to software
                      restart dvdfab and retry justice league disc again ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                        do you get the same results if you click common settings - av codec - and switch everything to software
                        restart dvdfab and retry justice league disc again ??
                        I'll try that later tonight after work. Thanks.
                        If that doesn't work, I'm just going to go back to a previous version.
                        I tried going back to 10.0.8.8 but that only worked for 1 movie, then stopped outputting a playable file. But that could have been because it was a movie that doesn't exhibit this issue.

I need a day off to go through the possibilities. I'm thinking it's either DVDFab version, recent movies(like 2017 & 2018 ones), CUDA, or Nvidia drivers.
                        I'm just not understanding why I can copy the movie, but not convert and encode.
                        I can rip using another program that outputs losslessly, then use DVDFab to convert to MKV.H265.10bit with no problems.
                        I can't rip using DVDFab losslessly (either Passthrough or Copy Movie), then convert to MKV.H265.10bit. So I'm thinking it's a problem with DVDFab.
                        Just need time to narrow it down.

Comment

I suspect the nvidia driver, I have quit updating them unless there is something I need in the changelog.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            I suspect the nvidia driver, I have quit updating them unless there is something I need in the changelog.
                            May I ask, what Nvidia driver version are you using?

Comment

So I just ripped Justice League (2017) with 10.0.8.8 x64 in MKV.H265.10bit Software Only (No CUDA) using the latest Nvidia 397.31 driver and it worked!
                              So I'm assuming the problem is with the Nvidia drivers.

I'm going to update to the latest DVDFab version 10.0.9.1beta and try ripping with Software only, if that still works then I'll downgrade my Nvidia drivers to find the latest one that works with CUDA.

Hopefully, either Nvidia come out with better drivers or DVDFab can come up with a solution for this problem.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X