Automitcally switches from Full Disc to Clone/Burn for certain DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automitcally switches from Full Disc to Clone/Burn for certain DVDs

I was trying to back up the DVDs of Ladies versus Butlers (3 discs) and ran into this problem. It will switch from the "full disc" option to "clone/burn" on it's own. If I manually change it back to full disc while the DVD is in the drive I hear it spin up, but DVDFab fails to recognize it. If I eject it and put it back in the drive it switches back to clone/burn.

This isn't the first time I've tried these DVDs. Several months ago and was unable to copy them, but didn't notice this behavior.

I'm also trying to back up Rio Rainbow Gate Reshuffle (3 discs). It is not recognized by the program at all.

These are the only DVDs I'm having issues with, any others I try work without issue.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Hi Nullstate,
    These discs may have unusual protection or non-standard authoring. The first step is to attach the DVDFab logs from where you tried to make the copy so the developers can see what additional information may be needed. Full Disc may not be supported. Instructions for the logs can be found here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry about that. Here are the logs for each disc.

Also, all the disc now seems to exhibit the same behavior of switching over to clone/burn.
      Attached Files

Comment

And here are the logs of the other discs.
        Attached Files

Comment

switches from Full Disc to Clone/Burn for certain DVDs
          What is drive J?
          If it is an optical drive, please provide its brand and model;
          If it is a virtual, please download and install DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) at http://www.dvdfab.cn/virtual-drive.htm to mount the iso file.

If the source is physical disc, try to use a different optical drive to try again. After insert the movie disc, be sure that it can be recognized by your PC first.

If the source is ISO file, please try to load this ISO file to DVDFab without mounted to virtual drive and see if it can be opened or not.
          If the ISO file failed to open, please mount it with virtual drive, and then open it in Windows Explorer, send us a screenshot of the structure of the ISO.

Mona

Comment

The J drive is a virtual drive using PowerISO.

I've included a log with that drive completely disabled.

I've never tried mounting an ISO to it for use with DVDFab.

Only physical discs are used. Usually in the G drive (an Optiarc DVD RW-7240S), but using the F drive (an LG WH12LS39 BD Rewritable) also switches to Clone/Burn.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nullstate View Post
              The J drive is a virtual drive using PowerISO.

I've included a log with that drive completely disabled.

I've never tried mounting an ISO to it for use with DVDFab.

Only physical discs are used. Usually in the G drive (an Optiarc DVD RW-7240S), but using the F drive (an LG WH12LS39 BD Rewritable) also switches to Clone/Burn.
              Please mount one of the problematic iso file with virtual drive, and then open it in Windows Explorer, copy all the .bup and .ifo files under the VIDEO_TS folder and send them to us. Thank you.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

What I'm trying to copy are not ISO files. They're commercial discs.

I've copied all the BUP files from the VIDEO_TS folder for the first disc. I've had to send them in a zip file. Trying to attach the bup files to this post resulted in an error message.
                Attached Files

Comment

Please try to upload the bup and ifo files to googledrive or drop box, and then PM me the download URL. Thanks.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

The last message I received was on 5/10 saying you'd download the files. Has there been any further developments?

Comment

The last message I received was on 5/10 saying you'd download the files. Has there been any further developments?
                      Hi Nullstate,

We check the file, it's not new protection, DVDFab doesn't recognize the disc; please supply a purchase link where you bought the movie disc. Thanks.

Regards,
                      ​​​​​​​Mona

Comment

I think the one I submitted was here

The other set I'm having the same problem with was here
                        Explore the Crunchyroll Store's anime and manga sales, deals, and promotions this Black Friday and Cyber Monday! Immerse yourself in exclusive offers, limited editions, and daily mega deals, enhancing your collection with unparalleled discounts. Don't miss out on the holiday specials that make every purchase a celebration of anime joy—shop now for unbeatable sales and immerse yourself in the ultimate anime experience! Discover the latest anime releases & pre-orders at the Official Crunchyroll Store. Shop a variety of figures, clothing, and more. Enjoy free U.S. shipping on orders over $50. Explore now! For a limited time only, get the best Black Friday deals on a large selection of officially licensed anime figures at the Crunchyroll store! Sales on figures, manga, blu-rays, DVDs, clothing, home goods, plush, accessories, and more! Save on merch from popular series such as Dragon Ball, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, One Piece, Jujutsu Kaisen, and more!

Comment

I think the one I submitted was here
                          https://www.rightstufanime.com/Ladie...ection-DVD-Hyb

The other set I'm having the same problem with was here
                          https://www.rightstufanime.com/Rio-R...Reshuffled-DVD

start dvdfab - click the arrow in the upper right hand corner of the dvdfab interface - click common settings - dvd - pathplayer -
                          disable pathplayer - restart dvdfab and retry the discs again.

both sets are manufactured on DVD-R disc(s) so dvdfab
                          and certain players may have trouble reading the disc(s)
                          Last edited by october262; 05-26-2018, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I had tried this before, and I tried it again for good measure.

The behavior is the same as with pathplayer enabled: it automatically switches from "Full Disc" to "Clone/Burn"

Comment

ok, try common settings - drives - read - check "ignore reading errors automatically"
                              restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.

Comment

Working...
                              X