CUDA support lost with nVidia driver update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA support lost with nVidia driver update

I'm currently unable to use CUDA acceleration. It worked just fine (spectacularly, in fact) until I installed the most recent certified video drivers. As you can see, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, which is fully compatible. If I change the H.264 dropdown to CUDA, I get the message "CUDA H.264 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."

Can anyone offer insights on this? Most appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADqRvev.png
Views:	601
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	353735

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_19268.jpg Views:	2 Size:	22.5 KB ID:	353739

I have a 1080 also and have no issues as you can see, it must be something else. Its not the program.
    Last edited by Chameleon; 04-30-2018, 07:51 PM. Reason: posted twice
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Update your Fab version to latest you don't say what version your using and uncheck lightning recording you don't need that if your using Cuda and also check lightning shrink it works with cuda for faster use.I have the 1060 and all is well with cuda.

Comment

same problem

Comment

gantz,
          What nvidia driver and OS do you have?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I re-install drivers and the problem is gone.

Comment

On my system (win 10 Pro 1709 on an i7 860) Fab 10.0.9.0 x64 recognition of CUDA on my GTX1050TI running 397.31 is intermittent. I can fix the problem with a reboot.
              Currently DVDFab says:
              Graphics Chipset :
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Driver Version: 24.21.13.9731

Supported Video Codecs :
              CUDA_MODE_H264
              CUDA_MODE_VC1
              CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
              CUDA_MODE_H265
              DXVA_MODE_H264
              DXVA_MODE_VC1
              DXVA_MODE_MPEG2

but sometimes I get the same result as Djinn.
              ???

Comment

Originally posted by Djinn View Post
                I'm currently unable to use CUDA acceleration. It worked just fine (spectacularly, in fact) until I installed the most recent certified video drivers. As you can see, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, which is fully compatible. If I change the H.264 dropdown to CUDA, I get the message "CUDA H.264 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."

Can anyone offer insights on this? Most appreciated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ADqRvev.png Views:	1 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	353735
                Please post fabcheck_internal.log and dvdfab_internal.log file.

Mona

Comment

Originally posted by servilan View Post
                  On my system (win 10 Pro 1709 on an i7 860) Fab 10.0.9.0 x64 recognition of CUDA on my GTX1050TI running 397.31 is intermittent. I can fix the problem with a reboot.
                  Currently DVDFab says:
                  Graphics Chipset :
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Driver Version: 24.21.13.9731

Supported Video Codecs :
                  CUDA_MODE_H264
                  CUDA_MODE_VC1
                  CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
                  CUDA_MODE_H265
                  DXVA_MODE_H264
                  DXVA_MODE_VC1
                  DXVA_MODE_MPEG2

but sometimes I get the same result as Djinn.
                  ???
                  After reinstall drivers, problem is gone. Today problem happen again. need to reinstall driver to Fix.
                  Window 8.1 pro GTX1050TI running 397.31

Comment

Same problem here and it also affects CloneBD so it must be on Nvidias end...

Comment

Discontinued Support

• 32-bit Operating Systems – Beginning with Release 396, NVIDIA is no longer releasing Game Ready drivers for 32-bit operating systems for any GPU architecture.
                      • NVIDIA Fermi GPUs – Beginning with Release 396, the NVIDIA Game Ready driver no longer supports NVIDIA GPUs based on the Fermi architecture.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I have the exact same thing on 2 different laptops. My older Alienware has gtx 770m, and new Asus Zephyrus has a gtx 1080 with qmax. Ripping is a nightmare, so extremely slow! Yes, I downloaded the latest drives, and did a clean install of the drivers.

Comment

Working...
                        X