No announcement yet.

white dots and artifacts in the picture when when ripping uhd with cuda enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white dots and artifacts in the picture when when ripping uhd with cuda enabled

i have an problem with white dots every few seconds in the picture, when ripping uhd with cuda enabled. with cuda disabled everything is ok. this problem i have since i purchased uhd ripping support months ago. but i do not rip very often uhd so i thought it is a bug that time. few days ago when i was ripping an uhd movie again after months i still had the problems with the white dots. then i investigated it a little bit.
    i have a zotac 1080ti gtx amp extreme with a high factory overclock. when i rip an uhd movie without over or underclocking the card, i have the white dots in the picture. but when i downclock the 1080ti gtx with -100 (seems -50 is enough but i didnt test it that much) on the core and memory and then i have no dots in the picture. the card is 100% ok, because i can gaming it and use cuda ripping on normal blu-rays whith stock and overclocked my 1080ti without the white dots. the problem exists only when i rip uhds.
    the only problem i have when i rip normal blurays (with uhd ripps i also have those problems) also with cuda (with stock factory clock) is when i skip seconds or minutes with the slider in vlc for less then one scond when the movie plays again i have artifacts in the picture. without cuda and also with downlocked 1080ti gtx i also not having any artifacts in the picture!

so i think there is a bug in dvdfab. does somone also have those problems? it would be good if i can rip uhds without downclock my card everytime. like i said. normal bluray ripping i do not have any white dots only artifacts when i skip seconds or minutes with the slider in vlc for less then one scond when the movie plays again.
    Last edited by gabberhead; 06-04-2018, 11:51 AM.

If you have a problem with DVDFab, state it in terms of DVDFab, not what someone may say in another product's forum, that has zero relevance. Include the DVDFab internal log and for GPU issues also the fabcheck log. I have removed the information you posted from other sources. Also, see the notice at the top of this page, UHD issues go in the UHD forum for a faster response from the developers.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok. here are the both logs which u requested.

these logs are from my german uhd and normal blu-rays. i have tested those ripping it, with stock factory clocks on my gtx 1080ti, the uhd to h.265 mkv and normal blu-ray to h.265 and h.264 mkv. the results re as followed:

when i rip the uhd to a h.265 mkv i have those white dots in the pictures the whole movie.

when i rip the normal blu-ray also to a h.265 mkv i also have those white dots in the picture the whole movie. this i didn't test before to rip a normal bd to h.265 mkv!

when i rip the normal blu-ray to a h.264 mkv i do NOT have those white dots in the picture! even if i overclock my gtx!

i think there must be an issue with cuda in connection with the h.265 in dvdfab. perhaps the factory overclocked gtx is also a factor in the issue.

i also tested this movie and 2 others few days ago with downclocking my gtx like i wrote in my first post and i DO NOT have thos white dots in the picture with the downclocked gtx.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gabberhead; 06-05-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X