Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Edit" option is missing in "converter" tab? How do I trim/crop during conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Edit" option is missing in "converter" tab? How do I trim/crop during conversion?

Hi again

I was hoping to switch to DVDfab from Handbrake, but looks like many useful features are missing. I remember in DVDfab v9 there was a Edit button that will allow cutting/cropping/trimming the video during conversion. I can no longer see it in v10. Also, with Handbrake I can apply many filters during conversion, like grain noise reduction, sharpness, etc, these are not available in DVDfab... Am I missing something here, or is DVDfab's video conversion is inferior compared to Handbrake?

Thanks
    Attached Files

You may be using the wrong module. "Converter" is for manipulating video files and uses them as a Source. For rips from a disc (or ISO or BDMV/VIDEO_TS folder) the Ripper module should be chosen. Actually, the same controls are available in v10, as shown in the capture.They are also available in the Converter module. Some may not be present when using the Copy Video option in either module.(The capture is from Converter).

It is not really useful for you to continue comparing DVDFab to other products, if you want to see something as a feature in DVDFab, you can simply make it a Feature Request or can report it as a problem in the sub-form for the specific module.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 VIDEO_EDITS.png Views:	1 Size:	166.2 KB ID:	355490

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. But, ripper is only useful when the source is a disk or ISO, not a simple video file, such as a TS file recorded from a satellite receiver. When I want to re-encode such file I must use the converter module, and there is no option to crop or remove black bars during re-encoding.. I remember it was available in v9.x

Comment

Here are 2 captures I made in Video Converter (as was the first one above) that show the conversion of an AVI encoded with black bars to an MKV without them. I do not have your source files, but this feature works well. The adjustments I made are circled in yellow. The cropping can be accomplished by typing numeric values into the "distance from..." boxes, using the adjustment arrows in the boxes, or clicking and dragging the green handles in the Source Preview window.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 EDIT CROP1.png
Views:	232
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	355522

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 EDIT CROP2.png
Views:	201
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	355523

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X