Can't install 110.0.9.7 or 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install 110.0.9.7 or 8

I can not install any of DVDFab versions. When the quick install windows opens it is grayed out and will not let me do anything.

Help

TGM,
    This is almost certainly a problem with your internet security settings. Check the logs of any such software you have to see if the DVDFab installer has been blocked or quarantined. Try disabling them temporarily and be sure to run the installer using the As Administrator option.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I stopped Malwarebytes Pro and that did not help. I also have McAfee Live but it will not allow you to stop it. You have to completely uninstall it which presents a problem reinstalling.

I can install vs 9 but can't install 10. Does not make any sense.

Comment

What windows version do you have ??

Comment

I just talked with McAfee and they stopped it for me. I tried to install 10 vs that I downloaded from the cloud off DVDFab.cn and it still would not install so it is not security issue.

I have Windows 10 installed. Suggestions.

Comment

I am using Administrator option. Here is snap shot of the quick install window which is real dim and will do nothing.

Attached Files

Comment

Are you saying it installs ok but then can't open it? Installing as Administrator wont necessarily open as Administrator. Right click on the desktop icon for full version, not mini (or the icon on the quick launch bar at the bottom if you have it enabled). Right click, then select properties, click the Advanced button and check the box "Run As Administrator".

Other things to try is try running in Safe Mode (with network enabled). If it opens ok, something is running in full mode that is conflicting with and preventing Fab from opening.

You may also have a corrupted Windows file that is preventing Fab from opening properly. Try entering the command "SFC /Scannow" in an elevated command prompt window. This will take several minutes to scan your core files. IF you have any corrupted Windows core files, windows will try to repair it. In case it finds a corrupted file but says it can't repair it, you can also repair by using entering the command "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in an elevated command prompt. This last one may take a bit longer so have patience. I run SFC on a regular basis and not a bad habit to get into even if no problems are apparent.

Comment

No what I am saying is: The DVDFAB 10.0.9.7 will download from DVDFab site but it will not install when you click on the downloaded file (run as adm.) it will ask you if you want to let
                dvd fab makes changes to your computer and you says Yes. Then the Quick Install DVDFAB windows opens and it is light color and nothing happens at all. It will not install. I have cut off
                all security programs to see if they were blocking it but still will not install...….

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                  No what I am saying is: The DVDFAB 10.0.9.7 will download from DVDFab site but it will not install when you click on the downloaded file (run as adm.) it will ask you if you want to let
                  dvd fab makes changes to your computer and you says Yes. Then the Quick Install DVDFAB windows opens and it is light color and nothing happens at all. It will not install. I have cut off
                  all security programs to see if they were blocking it but still will not install...….
                  are you trying to install the 32 bit or 64 bit version of dvdfab ?? and are you sure that you are downloading the windows version of dvdfab and not the mac version of dvdfab

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are you trying to install the 32 bit or 64 bit version of dvdfab ?? and are you sure that you are downloading the windows version of dvdfab and not the mac version of dvdfab
                    He wouldn't be able to even launch the MAC installer since Windows could not run nor even recognize a .pkg file. He has some other issue going on but hard to tell at this point what it is with the limited info provided.

Comment

TGM,
                      There is little doubt that it is something in your hardware or software environment causing this, you are the only one that has reported the problem. Malwarebytes leaves a log of its actions, not sure about McAffee, but check there. You might also check your settings in Windows Defender, it can do unpredictable things with zero notification to the user on occasion. I have it turned off, along with Windows Firewall. The Fab v10 installer is a world apart from v9, so the fact that v9 works in not really diagnostic. Anything that block or filters ("guards") your internet connection is a suspect.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

64 bit as I have 64 bit computer. I have shut down firewall mcafee and Malwarebytes and st ill does not work. I am now contacting Dell Support as I have a premium contract with
                        them.

I have had this issue before where I was not allowed to install .exe file. I do not know what the issue was. I still can't install APC Powershute.exe either. I am going to demand that Dell
                        solve this. I also have premium support with Microsoft and they just always screw up more issues trying to fix what I called them about.

If anyone has an answer I would appreciate hearing from you.

Tom

Comment

I called Dell and they got on the line. They did not do anything to my computer. I clicked on the downloaded DVDFile that I have been trying to install and it installed perfectly.
                          I honestly do not know why it has decided to work. Anyway it works and I have it installed to latest vs which is vs 10.0.9.9 Not 8 or 7 but 9. I had downloaded 7 and for some reason
                          when it installed it had switched to installing 0.9. There must have been some problem in the software as it has changed from 7 to 8beta to now 9.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X