Updates deleting executable file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates deleting executable file

I am unable to update the software (all-in-one package) through the actual program. When i do so, after the update is complete Windows 10 can no longer locate the DVDFab executable and indeed when I go to look for it manually the file is gone. It appears that all the other program files are there, but after updating the main program executable is missing. If I download and apply the update from the web site, however, there is no problem.

Am i doing something wrong?

It may be storing the installer in some temp location that gets deleted. Suggest you download the installers from the links here in the forum and run them after downloading.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I will ditto this behavior, Signals. It started a few updates ago, and I did just what you advise - download from the link provided here, in the forum. All is well then. But as this behavior is relatively new, it should be something the developers take a look at.

Comment

Originally posted by MondoMage View Post
        I am unable to update the software (all-in-one package) through the actual program. When i do so, after the update is complete Windows 10 can no longer locate the DVDFab executable and indeed when I go to look for it manually the file is gone. It appears that all the other program files are there, but after updating the main program executable is missing. If I download and apply the update from the web site, however, there is no problem.

Am i doing something wrong?
        Hi,

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file, and the whole "updateTemp" folder here.
        Default location for these files are:
        C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab10\Temp

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Working...
        X