inconsistent selection of audio track:: directors comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inconsistent selection of audio track:: directors comments

I have been converting old ISO I created long ago into MP4 using 10.1.x.x (don't remember) I noticed that the first mp4 title of "True Calling" had the comments from the actors and directors instead of the theatrical audio. Media player 5 did not show any other audio tracks so I assumed I did something wrong and upgraded to 10.2.0.1 and also rebooted as it was convenient at that time. I re-ripped and the audio was ok both in the preview and in the resulting MP4. I did not see an option in DVDFab for the directors comments but I did not want that anyway.

I then opened the first disk (s1d1.iso) of the 1997 TV show Nikita. The preview had the wrong audio. It had the comments from the director and I could not find any way to select the theatrical audio. Media Player 5 opened the iso in computer mode and the audio was correct. In your "set top" mode there was also an option to select the directors comments. Unaccountably, these options are missing from DVDFab. as shown in the below picture. I spend some time trying different advanced options such as AAC, AC3, 2,5.1, 7.1 etc but was never able to get the theatrical audio to show up in the preview. I went ahead to ripped to MP4 and incredibly, you program put the correct audio in the MP4. I then tried options on your media player 5 but no other audio tracks showed up except the theatrical one.

Note that two AC3-2 tracks are shown (dvdshrink) but DVDFab has only 1 AC3-2 available in the preview pane. I also looked at the other titles and it also had the directors comments with no option to select another track.

BB,
    I have noticed this also on a few titles (but not all).
    Were the source ISOs:
    1) from DVD or BD (assuming DVD, this is where I noticed it)
    2) made with DVDFab or Passkey?

If you still have the actual disc from any of these images, please try that and see if the audios are still incorrect.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Happened again, movie was "The Hunger". The preview had the correct track, but the output was the actor and director comments. I tried both ac3.1 and ac3.2 and both were correct sound (no director comments) in the preview mode. I selected both Audio channels and wrote the MP4. It turned out that the channel named "ac3 mono" was the correct audio as shown below. The other track was comments only. I no longer have the original disk so possibly something went wrong when the iso was created.
      Last edited by BeemerBiker; 09-23-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X