Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rampage does not work for MKV passthrough ripping (2018 movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rampage does not work for MKV passthrough ripping (2018 movie)

I have tried other movies that have worked before and they work just fine. I tried copying the entire disc as an iso and ripping from that, but still nothing. Is this movie not supported yet because it is new? Is there a way to see what movies are or are not supported yet? There are no errors or anything. The movie goes into the rip, but the time remaining just keeps climbing to an astronomical number and then the process says it completed successfully. Then the folder shows but is empty.

Find and attach the DVDFab internal log session for this disc. Instructions are linked in my sig, below. There may be a support problem with some versions of the disc. What country/region is your original disc?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm having the same issue with Rampage. I was able to to a Full Disc copy locally, but trying to rip it to H264 is causing the same issue as originally posted. No errors, but FPS starts high and progressively slows while Time Left keeps going up. It's currently at 10 fps and >4hrs Time Left. I've tried this on 10.2.0.7 x64 and 10.0.9.2 x32 (I use this to make sure that new versions aren't the cause of issues since you don't want to provide links to previous versions...)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bizzym View Post
        I'm having the same issue with Rampage. I was able to to a Full Disc copy locally, but trying to rip it to H264 is causing the same issue as originally posted. No errors, but FPS starts high and progressively slows while Time Left keeps going up. It's currently at 10 fps and >4hrs Time Left. I've tried this on 10.2.0.7 x64 and 10.0.9.2 x32 (I use this to make sure that new versions aren't the cause of issues since you don't want to provide links to previous versions...)
        Please try to disable GPU in DVDFab Common Settings to convert again and see if it will make a difference. If no help, post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please try to disable GPU in DVDFab Common Settings to convert again and see if it will make a difference. If no help, post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.
          No, I are dumb.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to an NVIDIA GT 1030. It doesn't do CUDA encoding. I did a lot of searching to find out this is the only card that doesn't do CUDA encoding. So, I returned it and got a 1050. It took all of 5 minutes to encode Rampage at 450+ fps.

Funny though. Before I did this, I was just using the built-in Intel HD graphics 2000. While I don't remember exactly how fast it was, it was much faster that 10fps. I tried tricking my system into enabling HD Graphics by setting the Multi-monitor in BIOS and putting a monitor from another rig on it. Even using the Intel encoding, it still would go faster than 10fps.

No worries, everything is working now.

Comment

Working...
          X