Can't start DVDFab when using VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDFab x64 v11.0.0.7 Can't start DVDFab when using VPN

I'm using DVDFab x64 11.0.0.7 downloaded directly from DVDFab.cn on a Windows 10 machine.

When trying to start DVDFab while connected to a VPN (NordVPN) I get the splash screen and the following message:

"Failure connecting to DVDFab Server! Your Host File has been modified..." and DVDFab won't start.

I have checked the hosts file and there are no entries relating to DVDFab, in fact nothing at all beyond the standard Microsoft example comments.

DVDFab does start properly when there is no VPN connection.

Attached is dvdfab_internal.log; please advise.
    Attached Files

Nord will cause portions of DVDFab to be blocked from some of their servers. If you duplicate the settings shown in the capture, DVDFab should work fine, does for me. Try a different Nord server.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011NORD.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	362786

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Thank you ... sorted!

Comment

Glad to hear that. The CyberSec thing is new and overly aggresive. If you have Malwarebytes or similar you don't need it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

Comment

Yup, for completion I should have said it was CyberSec I turned off as in your picture. Also that I re-tested with various different servers in different countries. All successful.

Thanks again signals.

Comment

Working...
          X