Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download Problem / Wrong version / Virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Problem / Wrong version / Virus?

(don't really know where to put this issue, as the problem occurs both for the 64bit and for the 32bit version)
    • Using Chrome, latest version
    • Opening the link "https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm"
    • Click on Download ...
    • The downloaded files are "DVDFab11_X64_1051.exe" / "DVDFab11_X86_1051.exe"

To the DVDFab staff:

It's common sense never to trust and install an executable file that is obviously outdated for (at least) several weeks.
    <span style="color:red"><b>NEW Release:</span><span style="color:blue">:DVDFab v12.0.9.2 (Win) is out!</span></b><br><span style="color:darkgreen"<b>Various Fixes</span></b>

For obvious reasons, like many others, I really prefer a full offline installer ...
    I noticed that with DVDFab version 11.0.0.4, the only way to get it is through the installer (or is there another way?). Is this how future versions will also

... however it would still be OK if you decide to no longer support / offer such tpye of installers,
    but in that case you really have to go the whole nine yards which means properly developing, providing and supporting a rock-solid "Web-Installer".
    (Needless to say: personally i hate most web-installers out there)

There is nothing wrong with the downloadable installers, they are being used with success by DVDFab users everywhere. In determining whether or not to trust a downloadable executable, you should consider the source, its no more risky than executing one of the standalone installers. Also, the number in the web installer is an internal number, not related to the DVDFab version number. What gave you a message about a virus? Chrome?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the response!

The description on the Download page says: "v 11.0.0.8"
      But downloading gives me NOT the claimed version of DVDFab ... instead I get some other file named "DVDFab11_X64_1051.exe"

Obviously I have misread this file name: thought this would be a VERY outdated version of the full-installer. My bad! Sorry!

Still I think the description HAS to match the actual file that is being provided.,,
      Nobody should ever grant full admin-rights to a (random) executable file that suspiciously differs from its download link.

Comment

... and,
        shame on me once more:

Found the full offline installer by simply scrolling further on the download page!

Sorry, again!

Comment

Working...
        X