Customize Mode Re-encodes at all times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize Mode Re-encodes at all times

Whenever using Customize mode, DVDFab x64 current and earlier versions ALWAYS re-encodes, even when there is plenty of extra space on the 50gb disk and NO NEED for compression. How can I keep it from compressing?

click the little wrench icon and select the output
    BD-50

Comment

I thought my post made it clear that I was outputting to BD-50.

Comment

see this thread post #3 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-no-reencoding

Comment

I tried it with a commercial blu ray. The movie is less than 20GB. I am including screen shots showing my settings and results. In Customize Mode you can see that I have the setting on BD50 and am choosing only the main feature. It has enabled CUDA decoding and the data rate is around 3-4 mbs and time span of the copy is around 2 hours which indicates compression to me. Why isn't it directly copying?

In the following post I show the same operation in MAIN MOVIE mode. There is no CUDA decoding and the data rate is 20+mbs and the copy time is under 30 minutes. THAT is a direct copy. Unless I am misunderstanding it, why should Customize mode ALWAYS invoke compression when there is clearly no need?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cust_1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	364175

Name:	cust_2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	364176

Name:	cust_3.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	364177

Comment

Here is the same movie using Main Movie mode.

Name:	main_1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	364179

Name:	main_2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	364180

Name:	main_3.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	364181

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorff View Post
              I tried it with a commercial blu ray. The movie is less than 20GB. I am including screen shots showing my settings and results. In Customize Mode you can see that I have the setting on BD50 and am choosing only the main feature. It has enabled CUDA decoding and the data rate is around 3-4 mbs and time span of the copy is around 2 hours which indicates compression to me. Why isn't it directly copying?

In the following post I show the same operation in MAIN MOVIE mode. There is no CUDA decoding and the data rate is 20+mbs and the copy time is under 30 minutes. THAT is a direct copy. Unless I am misunderstanding it, why should Customize mode ALWAYS invoke compression when there is clearly no need?
              Hi Gondorff,

Your understanding is correct. These is currently how Blu-ray Customize mode works, I will pass this to our developers and we will try to implement it in the future. Thank you for your report.

Comment

Thank you, Mona. At least I know it wasn't my system or usage at fault. Having Customize mode not automatically compress unless necessary would be very much appreciated.

Comment

I tried running the copy through to completion to see if it would return to No Compression Needed at some point. I used the same disk and only activated the main movie and original menu.

Started copy - CUDA was activated - speed around 4+ mbs.

At the 40% point - 30 minutes after starting - it reverted to No compression needed and stayed in that mode through completion. Now the speed was 14+ mbs (much faster than before but still slower than Main Movie copy speed). Remaining 60% finished 30 minutes later for a total time of 60 minutes.

Although I'm glad that it does the majority of copying in No compression mode for a disk that needs no compression, I wonder why so much - 40% - needs to be reencoded when it's only the menu and the movie itself.

Comment

Working...
                  X