DVD Drives missing after upgrade to v11.0.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Drives missing after upgrade to v11.0.2.0

I was running version 11.0.0.3 with no issues. I would start the program as Administrator and the dvd would start up to be ripped. Under Common Settings>Drives, it would show my DVD Drive and the name of it. When I upgraded to version 11.0.2.0, and ran as Administrator, nothing would happen. Under Common Settings>Drives, all I see is 1 check box under Device, nothing under version and G under Serial Number (G is the DVD). The name of drive is no longer there not does it read from the drive. I am on the west coast of the US and it is a pain trying to work with Support only getting one message a day and this has been going on for about a week now to no resolution. I have a Media Server that I built and installed DVD Fab on it. The same thing happened version 11.0..0.3 worked fine but upgrading to 11.0.2.0 fails. When going back to 11.0.0.3, I see the same thing under Drives as I do in v11.0.2.0. The other weird item is that v11.0.2.0 does not upgrade when prompted. I downloaded it and installed it. But when I open it, it shows v11.0.2.0 as installed, but I keep getting the upgrade pop up saying I have version 11.0.0.3.

I did try a clean installation of the most current version but again, it still is not working. My suggestion is not to upgrade to any v11.0.2.x.

Pleas/e don't make recommendations that assume all PCs will respond as yours has, it's just not necessarily true. v11.0.2.1, the latest version is available here: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Fab11_x64_FULL and works well for me. Please install it and if you experience the same problem, attach the DVDFab internal log session as well as the install.log file.

Tips for supplying logs can be found here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have do that several times with no luck. If it only happened on one computer, I would consider it an issue with that machine. But since the identical thing happened on two machines, I have to look elsewhere and the upgrade is the only thing I can think of. I am just warning other of the issues I am having and the length of time it is taking to get this resolved. Still have the issue on both machines.

got media type fail.
      DriveX msg: media open(false) failed in driveX G
      DriveX msg: add media failed in driveX G

These are the errors on both machines.
      Attached Files

Comment

There was no install log.

BTW, also installed it on my wife's computer that did not ever have the program and the exact same thing happened. That is 3 different machines.

Comment

If you have only one license for Fab you have to use it on one computer only or uninstall the license from current computer to put it on a different computer in settings.

Comment

The above is incorrect, What you must do is Deauthorize your single-PC license DVDFab and then Authorize it on the second/third/etc PCs. Authorizations are Managed from the Settings dropdown in the DVDFab GUI. You can install it on as many PCs as you wish but only Authorize one at a time. You can also purchase additional authorizations inexpensively from your Member Center account page.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That still does not fix the problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by bfry24 View Post
                That still does not fix the problem though.
                when you uninstalled dvdfab, did you restart your computer before reinstalling ??

Comment

I have had a similar problem with at least the last 4 updates. I am running Win7 32bit O.S. and after searching the problem finally came across something that worked for me. It seems that on my machine a "lower filter" was added to my registry during the update. After installation I would re-boot and my drives (three of them in my full tower case) could not find the drivers when going to control panel, system and security, and device manager. I followed the instructions from this web-site and deleted the "lower filter" from the registry, re-booted and all was well, I did not see an "upper filter" on my system but according to the instructions that should also be deleted if present. Remember to re-boot after any changes to the registry. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bfry24 View Post
                    I was running version 11.0.0.3 with no issues. I would start the program as Administrator and the dvd would start up to be ripped. Under Common Settings>Drives, it would show my DVD Drive and the name of it. When I upgraded to version 11.0.2.0, and ran as Administrator, nothing would happen. Under Common Settings>Drives, all I see is 1 check box under Device, nothing under version and G under Serial Number (G is the DVD). The name of drive is no longer there not does it read from the drive. I am on the west coast of the US and it is a pain trying to work with Support only getting one message a day and this has been going on for about a week now to no resolution. I have a Media Server that I built and installed DVD Fab on it. The same thing happened version 11.0..0.3 worked fine but upgrading to 11.0.2.0 fails. When going back to 11.0.0.3, I see the same thing under Drives as I do in v11.0.2.0. The other weird item is that v11.0.2.0 does not upgrade when prompted. I downloaded it and installed it. But when I open it, it shows v11.0.2.0 as installed, but I keep getting the upgrade pop up saying I have version 11.0.0.3.

I did try a clean installation of the most current version but again, it still is not working. My suggestion is not to upgrade to any v11.0.2.x.
                    1. Please update your drive to the latest version. Then uninstall and reinstall the drive.

2. Please right click on DVDFab 11 icon on the desktop, choose "Run as Administrator", then run.

3. If you are using DVDFab 11 x32 bit version, please start up DVDFab, click on the Menu button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, go to "Drives" > "Read", choose I/O mode as "Passkey", then try again to see the result.

Still fails, please send us dvdfab_internal log as attachment for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

Working...
                    X