Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update fails on Win7 x64

Hello there,
    i have an issue about the Update process. I'm currently using DVDFab 11.0.1.7 and on the try to update the Software, I'll get this error message from my system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage02.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	366195

Translation:
    The version of this file is not compatible with the used windows version. Open system information of the computer and check, if a x86 or a x64 version of this application is permitted and tell the software manufacturer.

I'm getting this error since the first update after this version 11.0.1.7. At first i ignored it. I did not reinstalled DVDFab yet because of my configs. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

Hi Schwindel,

Please try installing v11.0.2.1 from this source: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Fab11_x64_FULL

If it fails, attach the latest DVDFab internal log session (the last one in the file) and also the install.log, both should be in the Log folder.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi signals,
      okay i did as you told me. The installation itself worked, but the update process does not. It's the same issue again with the next version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwischenablage02.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	366308
      Attached Files

Comment

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Comment

Please attach the requested logs. I can't duplicate what you are seeing. I generally do not use the update popup link and install after closing the old version of DVDFab and running the downloaded installer using the context As Administrator option.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm sorry, but there are no log files, or i don't find them. I have looked for them in the root directory of DVDFab11 (C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11), and also in the AppData directory (%AppData%\Roaming\DVDFab11). But there were nothing. No .log-files, no directories called log. Or do they get removed after another application start?

Comment

Originally posted by Schwindel View Post
              I'm sorry, but there are no log files, or i don't find them. I have looked for them in the root directory of DVDFab11 (C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11), and also in the AppData directory (%AppData%\Roaming\DVDFab11). But there were nothing. No .log-files, no directories called log. Or do they get removed after another application start?
              Hi, the default location for log file is: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Please try manually update. Please visit http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to click on "Free Download" to download the installer, then click on the installer to update and see the result.

Comment

Hey Ashley,
                thank you. I found the log files. I cleaned the folder and the made a fresh install from the linked download page. The setup has not created any logfiles. Only after the first application start i've some files in it. I'll wait until the next update and send you the logfiles then.

Comment

Got the update notification to 11.0.2.6 today and the update itself worked without any errors. I'll come back, if I get the error again. So long we can assume the issue is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwindel View Post
                    Got the update notification to 11.0.2.6 today and the update itself worked without any errors. I'll come back, if I get the error again. So long we can assume the issue is fixed.
                    Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                    X