length of h265 mp4 rips are wrong, frozen frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

length of h265 mp4 rips are wrong, frozen frame

Since getting x64 v11.3.3, every DVD I've ripped has a wrong length... 6 or 7 hours. At some point during playback the frame freezes.

Originally posted by tgraph View Post
    Since getting x64 v11.3.3, every DVD I've ripped has a wrong length... 6 or 7 hours. At some point during playback the frame freezes.
    The log session for the latest conversion is needed. Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file, thank you.

Also, from where do you see that the length show as 6 or 7 hours? What player for playback?

Comment

I had ripped about 12 DVDs with the new version. They were all with those lengths as reported in WIndows File Explorer, VLC media player, Plex web and Plex media server. I deleted those files, downloaded the latest beta version of DVDFab, redid those DVDs and they were fine. I don't have those log files any more.

Comment

I'm having the same issue (DVD, BR & 4K). I updated to version 11.0.3.6 - did not fix it. Uninstalled and reinstalled - did not fix. My last successful rip was May 29, 2019 (whatever version that was). Going to try ripping Aquaman with version 10.2.1.7 to see if that works...

Comment

Oddly, version 10.2.1.7 has the same problem.

Comment

Here are my logs - I first ripped Aquaman yesterday, tried again a couple times today and also in the logs it appears to include the recent update(s) and/or re-installs.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GottWhat View Post
              Here are my logs - I first ripped Aquaman yesterday, tried again a couple times today and also in the logs it appears to include the recent update(s) and/or re-installs.
              In conclusion, Blu-ray AQUAMAN to profile(MP4.H265), result file's length shows as 6 or 7 hours in various players and in Windows File Explorer, correct?
              Did you try other regular mp4 profile or mkv? Same issue? Please confirm, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

In conclusion, Blu-ray AQUAMAN to profile(MP4.H265), result file's length shows as 6 or 7 hours in various players and in Windows File Explorer, correct?
                Did you try other regular mp4 profile or mkv? Same issue? Please confirm, thank you.
                It actually results in 4:40 minutes every time. Some other titles only added an hour, some 6+ hours to the length. I tried in various other players including VLC, MPC-HC, etc and they show the added length as well. I will attempt MKV and h264 now.

Comment

Upgraded to 11.0.3.7 and same issue (4:40 long). Going to try MP4.h264 and then MKV.h265...

Comment

Ripping the Aquaman blu-ray with MP4.h264 resulted in correct length (2:23:21) at 5.43 GB. Ripping it with MKV.h265 also resulted in correct length (2:23:21) at 2.89 GB. Ripping it one last time with MP4.h265 (again) yielded a length of 4:40:00 at 2.90 GB. Attaching all logs from today and I guess I will just use MKV.h265 for now…
                    Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean 4 hours 40 minutes (04:40:00? Please analyze the converted file with MediaInfo (free tool, google it) and attach the text results to a new post. Is Aquaman the only title that exhibits this problem?
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Do you mean 4 hours 40 minutes (04:40:00? Please analyze the converted file with MediaInfo (free tool, google it) and attach the text results to a new post. Is Aquaman the only title that exhibits this problem?
                        Yes, 4 hours & 40 minutes. Everything I have ripped in MP4.h265 the past few weeks has had this issue (DVD, blu-ray & 4K). But oddly, the MP4.h264 & MKV.h265 are fine. I deleted it from my server but will rip it again within the hour.

Comment

See attached MediaInfo
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks like the same problem
                            So... I have encoded my disc. Muxed to M2TS. From M2TS with UHD Creator to UHD BD and then with UHD Ripper do MP4.DolbyVision. Results are bad... tha framerate

Comment

Working...
                            X