Since Windows 10 no Geforce GTX 670 CUDA support more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Windows 10 no Geforce GTX 670 CUDA support more

Hello everybody. Since Windows 10 I still see the full CUDA support of my Geforce GTX 670 under DVDFab x64 (Vers.11.0.4.3) (see photo) but unfortunately it is no longer activated when copying, the NVIDIA window in the top right menu, remains dark ,
    Already before entering the A / V codec settings the following message came up:
    "Hardware acceleration can not be used to decode MPEG2 videos on DVDs. DVDFab will choose Software."
    Could it be that I no longer use the correct graphics driver for Windows 10 ... is there any support for the CUDA? Thank`s

My current GTX 670 driver version: 26.21.14.3136. thank you for your help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LEXXE; 08-17-2019, 06:45 PM.

do you have the latest PhysX update ??

Comment

The latest driver for the GTX 670 is 431.60, you can find it here https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/148865, but I am not certain it will help. I will ask the developers to look at your fabcheck log.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        Thank you for your prompt reply. Is this PhysX update included in the latest 431.60 driver?
        Last edited by LEXXE; 08-18-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The latest driver for the GTX 670 is 431.60, you can find it here https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/148865, but I am not certain it will help. I will ask the developers to look at your fabcheck log.
          Thanks ... I'm curious what they will find. Or should I best another ... a new graphics card grow. I have a new and stronger graphics card to buy, either the GTX 950/960/970 or 980. Would these cards work on Windows 10 with CUDA support? Which of those would you recommend?
          Last edited by LEXXE; 08-18-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            Yes
            Last edited by LEXXE; 08-18-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

I would like to buy a new and stronger graphics card, either the GTX 950/960/970 or the GTX 980. Which ones work guaranteed with CUDA support under Windows 10 / DVDFab x64?

Comment

I would recommend the RTX series (2070, 2080, especially for 4KUHD sources) but the GTX 1050, 1060, 1070 or 1080 all perform well with DVDFab. Delay any purchase decision until the developers have checked this.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have the chance to buy a GeForce TURBO GTX 1060 6GB and I will probably do that too. Would they copy a main movie to take the CUDA or software support, what image quality is better? Thanks

Comment

I now have a special GTX 1060 (previously had a GTX 670) indulged in finally using CUDA can, unfortunately, as I have the video decoder MPEG2 not set to CUDA, all other decoder / encoder can be set to CUDA. I copy my blurays as main movie iso. During copying, CPU is shown as active in the top of the Speedmeter, NVIDIA does not appear to be supported. I have DFDFab 11 x64 with Windows 10. The latest drivers for the GTX 1060 are loaded. Please help, thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

LEXXE:The 1060 card supports cuda in all Fab video settings including MPEG2 so it should be check marked. Also make sure lightning shrink that can use cuda is check marked and lightning recording NOT checked in settings.

When you do a straight copy to main movie or full disk or make a clone iso just the CPU is active in the meter however if compressing a disk say a 50 gig disk to fit a 25 gig disk during the copy then Cuda is involved to compress the disk or whenever you use ripper to rip to a different format then cuda gets used also.
                      Last edited by novrain; 08-22-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by novrain View Post
                        LEXXE:The 1060 card supports cuda in all Fab video settings including MPEG2 so it should be check marked. Also make sure lightning shrink that can use cuda is check marked and lightning recording NOT checked in settings.

When you do a straight copy to main movie or full disk or make a clone iso just the CPU is active in the meter however if compressing a disk say a 50 gig disk to fit a 25 gig disk during the copy then Cuda is involved to compress the disk or whenever you use ripper to rip to a different format then cuda gets used also.
                        You are the first to explain everything to me. Thank you very much for helping me.

Comment

Working...
                        X