No announcement yet.

Nvidia card support; GTX 1060; Nvidia CUDA hardware acceleration is not used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using an older version Nvidia card support; GTX 1060; Nvidia CUDA hardware acceleration is not used

DVDFab v 11.0.3
    Win 7 Pro
    Nvidia v 26.21.14.3160 (7/19)
    MSI Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB card

Ripping self made DVD's from S-VHS tape transfers (if that matters) (no copy protection)

This is my first NVidia card that I have had in the past 15 years or so. I got it to replace a somewhat older AMD card specifically for this program,
    BUT,
    I keep getting the message, after I hover over that speed gauge (whatever it is called) that "Nvidia CUDA hardware acceleration is not used".
    In the A/V Codec box the only 'error' (if you can call it that) is" CoreAVC: cannot be detected". I have that disable 'GPU acceleration unchecked and all the categories are listed as 'CUDA'.
    BUT,
    The ripping is still CPU software based.

I see on their website that there are only three card models (that are FOUR YEARS OLD) are listed as compatible (960, 970 & 980). I can only assume that is grossly outdated. I have also read about some part(s) of the newer drivers have been removed or disabled (from reading older posts here).

Ok, thrill me, what's wrong?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab Common Settings General AV Codec.png Views:	2 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	371278

'CoreAVC not detected' is normal if you don't have it installed. Please update DVDFab to the current version.

Your card is supported and you have the latest driver, the developers will check the problem when the office opens. To help, please attach your fabcheck log using the instructions here:http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The reason for the unintentional double post was the additional text added to the title when I unfortunately choose that option of using (a somewhat) older (by a few weeks) software that was added to what I typed for my title.
      I could not find my thread because the title was not as I typed.

Anyway, attached is that log (I deleted the existing one due to it's length and started from scratch). The video that was used was very short in length (by choice).

And thank you for a quick response.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by videobruce; 08-19-2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Where is the link for a 'offline' .exe, (AKA the entire package, not a 'web install)? My long time policy is to use a full installer file, it saves other hassles and problems.

Comment

x64 bit version

If you go to the download DVDFab page, https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm,
          it's at the bottom; Offline installer.

Comment

Hi videobruce , the attached log file is not complete, please kindly update to the latest v11043 to try again.
            Also, please try with other commercial movie DVDs and see if it will make a difference.
            If still have problem, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal.log file again. Even you want to edit the log file, please be sure to attach the most recent copy that involves the conversion process of the DVD. And a complete log session should start like this:
            DVDFab 11.0.4.3 (2019/08/15 15:47:42) (X64)

Comment

FQ's19;
              The page I went to initially was different than your link. With the pop-ups and all the overlarge cutsey graphics I didn't see anything else. I also see VideoHelp has the versions and the changelogs available.

Mona;
              That was the complete file after I ran the process which was after I deleted the existing overly long existing file. It wasn't a C&P to Notepad. I'll run it again and try a commercial DVD.

Is there a issue with a 'Portable' version (by extracting the full .exe to a folder) since that can be done with this program (as can be with many others)?
              Last edited by videobruce; 08-19-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Ok, could this be another deal using AMD based PC's and incompatibility between platforms, or at least the program for some unknown reason is really fussy with less than standard DVD's??

Using the same version that I already have, I tried a non movie, specialty interest DVD, a commercial Test DVD (DVE) and a copied regular 'movie' DVD and the Nvidea text below the gauge lit up and the info box confirmed the GPU was engaged.

I have 20-30 home made DVD's (for lack of a better term) converted from video via a stand alone DVD recorder that appears this won't work with (at least the way it was intended).
                Last edited by videobruce; 08-19-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

If you are looking for the offline installer, it is on the Downloads page of the DVDFab website www.dvdfab.cn then scroll down to find it.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did find it, thanks.

Lightning Recording and Lightning Shrink; those are for Wintel processors, having a AMD based system makes those useless, correct?
                    That 'Turbo CPU for max CPU usage' does that come into play anywhere here?

Comment

Working...
                    X