AMD ripping issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD ripping issues.

So I have an AMD based system. Ryzen 7 2700X (8 core, 16 thread) and a Vega 64. Running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903. All drivers have been recently updated, as have my BIOS.

I'm trying to rip and burn a copy of 2 Guns on BD. It's ripping extremely slow. The little dial in the top right of the screen only highlights CPU, not AMD. It's struggling to get to 13MB/s. My laptop with an Intel 4790K (4 core, 8 thread) and an nVidia GeForce 980M runs MUCH faster. It also highlights Intel and nVidia.

I read that Lightning Shrink only helps Intel and nVidia. So I disabled it. Speed remains slow. Am I missing a setting someplace? I find it hard to believe a 3 year old laptop is much faster than a shiny new desktop.

Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need any more info. I can post logs once the process is done.

Hex

Please attach the DVDFab internal log and the fabcheck log (from the AMD), instructions here http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for replying. Here's the logs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fab is finding the card OK, but the devs will have to look at the utilization. You can also check this: in Fab Common Settings, go to the AV Codec page, then click on the 'Hardware Info' button, it will show some additional information.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am having a similar problem, with Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI Radeon rx 580 GPU. The acceleration dial on the upper right (shouldn't it say 'GPU' rather than 'CPU') wavers between pointing to 2.5 (first tick) and 0. Whereas on my older FX-8350 system with NVIDIA gfx card it points to 10x, and the process takes about 8 minutes instead of 45.

I've attached the dvdfab_internal log; cannot find any fabcheck log, neither under 'show log folders' or search of drive
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hexen525 View Post
            So I have an AMD based system. Ryzen 7 2700X (8 core, 16 thread) and a Vega 64. Running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903. All drivers have been recently updated, as have my BIOS.

I'm trying to rip and burn a copy of 2 Guns on BD. It's ripping extremely slow. The little dial in the top right of the screen only highlights CPU, not AMD. It's struggling to get to 13MB/s. My laptop with an Intel 4790K (4 core, 8 thread) and an nVidia GeForce 980M runs MUCH faster. It also highlights Intel and nVidia.

I read that Lightning Shrink only helps Intel and nVidia. So I disabled it. Speed remains slow. Am I missing a setting someplace? I find it hard to believe a 3 year old laptop is much faster than a shiny new desktop.

Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need any more info. I can post logs once the process is done.

Hex
            Hi Hex,

From the log file:
            OS info is Windows 10 64bit Build 18362, rather than "Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903" as you stated in the post.
            And you were doing BD copy main movie, using AMD Lightning-Shrink.

In this case, please try to copy the movie and save it as ISO file to your local hard drive rather than burn to blanks to see the result, as the slow could be due to issue of optical drive.
            Also, please give other movie source a try.

Comment

Currently ripping Hellboy at 2.93fps on an 8 core, 16 thread Ryzen 1700X maxed out.. It is the 4k 10bit UHD version. But still a disapointing speed. 8% 15hrs to go!

I see lightning shrink doesn't support my RX 5700XT in this mode, so relying on the CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi Hex,

From the log file:
                OS info is Windows 10 64bit Build 18362, rather than "Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903" as you stated in the post.
                And you were doing BD copy main movie, using AMD Lightning-Shrink.

In this case, please try to copy the movie and save it as ISO file to your local hard drive rather than burn to blanks to see the result, as the slow could be due to issue of optical drive.
                Also, please give other movie source a try.

OK. So here is the FULL info on my OS build. And this has been an ongoing issue for years. My Fury X had the same issue. For a while I had an nVidia card installed as well just for DVDFab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows 10.png
Views:	1137
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	378890

It rips BD slow. Doesn't matter if I am turning it into another BD, or ripping it as an MP4. It reads the disk slow compared to my nVidia powered laptop with far less horsepower.

Comment

OK. So here is the FULL info on my OS build. And this has been an ongoing issue for years. My Fury X had the same issue. For a while I had an nVidia card installed as well just for DVDFab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows 10.png
Views:	1137
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	378890

It rips BD slow. Doesn't matter if I am turning it into another BD, or ripping it as an MP4. It reads the disk slow compared to my nVidia powered laptop with far less horsepower.
                  do you have another dvd drive to test ?? it sounds like your drive is riplocked, the firmware significantly slows (throttled back) the drive transfer rate when reading and writing dvd video data.

Comment

I have an ASUS USB 3.0 external drive connected to my laptop I can try out after work today. But I'm not sure how that will help as when I had my GeForce 650 Ti installed on my desktop this wasn't an issue. My Ryzen 7 CPU only has 16 lanes of PCI-e, so I didn't install that card when I built this system. Didn't want to limit my Vega 64 card for gaming. But I can try that drive out later today and see.

Comment

I have an ASUS USB 3.0 external drive connected to my laptop I can try out after work today. But I'm not sure how that will help as when I had my GeForce 650 Ti installed on my desktop this wasn't an issue. My Ryzen 7 CPU only has 16 lanes of PCI-e, so I didn't install that card when I built this system. Didn't want to limit my Vega 64 card for gaming. But I can try that drive out later today and see.
                      Please attach your latest dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file or you can provide us the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Working...
                      X