DVDfab 11.0.5.7 Mutil Disk Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specific Feature DVDfab 11.0.5.7 Mutil Disk Crashing

When trying to rip single episodes for TV collections/serials off a multi-episode disk using 11.0.5.6 it is crashing. Did the upgrade to 11.0.5.7 and that release is crashing also. Tried just doing the full episode and that works okay but it will not let me split up each episode without crashing. I am trying to put the original 'The Untouchables" complete Collection on the DMS but splitting the episodes up is getting to be a bit of a task. Tried ISO and MKV both are a no go. There are 3-4 episodes per disk along with a full copy of each episode merged after each other. Since the metadata/poster is the same for all the disks/collection that would not matter much but I would like to know which episode is in which folder without me trying to remember 118 episodes. Will try another series to see if it does the same later but was wondering if anybody has come across DVDfab crashing when trying to split up episodes on certain multi-disks. If so what is the work around for doing so.

Thanks!

Figured it out........ none of the new DVDfab11XXXX's works without crashing to rip separate episodes or movies from a multi episode disk that I have found. Tried them all and was able to find an old DVDfabx64 10.2.1.6 on my computer that works just fine, in fact I think that was the last version or time I tried ripping a multi episode disk.

Don't know how anybody else is doing it but I am doing a 'copy source' of the first movie title bar, then another title bar pops up, same title bar drops down, 'choose the other titles' option and pick/check which movies from the pop up that I want from the run times. Do this until I get all the episodes I am trying to rip....... On a 3-4 disk episode, I may get to 2 episodes before it crashes out doing it that way. It's the only way I have been doing it in the past but does not work anymore with DVDfab11XXXX releases.

Comment

Trying to duplicate the problem. Are these DVDs ? Blu-rays? Attach the internal log session where one of the crashes happened.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Using DVD's Signals. Internal log session attached.

internallog.txt

Comment

Where did you get 11.0.5.7 update? I only see 11.0.5.6 available online as of this writing.

Comment

It's a misprint LaciBacsi, my bag......didn't have my first cup of coffee yet....I spelled 'multi' wrong also.....

Comment

D2E,
              I can't duplicate the problem you are reporting, I successfully extracted single episodes of The Blacklist Season 6 D1 to mkv and mp4 so it may be related to the title you are using. Try a different disc in the set to see if the problem is repeated, they can have different protections. Also, I was not writing to my DMS, perhaps try it to a HDD on your PC. These steps will help identify the problem.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals for trying that out for me in support.…..I had gotten a similar response/answer from Mona through a couple of back and forth PM's and from both responses I would have to say it is in part the way 'The Untouchables' episodes are on the discs. Mona sent me a screenshot of successfully extracting episodes using 11.0.5.6 also. My 'X-Files' series are the same way on the discs, I tried a coulpe of those discs and I was able to use and extract the episodes off of them without incident using 11.0.5.6, put 'Untouchables' disc back in and just about all of them crashed.

I had sent Mona a screenshot of me successfully extracting episodes from one of the disc using 10.2.1.6. Her response was:
                "When a disc contains more than one main movie titles (which have similar run time, audio and subtitle info), they shall be selected by DVDFab automatically.
                Regarding the crash issue in DVDFab 11, please do a complete uninstall, remove all the related files, and use CCleaner to remove registry, after that, download a fresh one from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm , run it as administrator to see the result. "

I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall DVDfab 11 yet but I would have to say that the problem is with 'The Untouchables' in how all the episodes have just about the same running run times and subtitle/meta information for them. Kind of make sense to why...I finished extracting all the episodes off the discs already using 10.2.1.6, think 'The Untouchable' might be a unicorn in all their seasons,episodes and disc volumns are the same. If I run into this issue again with another series I will try the clean install of DVDfab as recommended.

Thanks again for both of you guys help!

Comment

Working...
                X