Some things just don't seem to want to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some things just don't seem to want to work

I've been using DVDFab since V6. Every time a new version was released it would be unstable for about a year. V11 is now more than a year old, and there are still some strange things happening..

1. When you open a source and Fab can't find any info on the movie it will give you a popup with "Don't show this again, go to movie server or cancel". If you check do not show again, it doesn't stick at all if you then click cancel. if you go to movie server (why would I want to do that?), it will stick until you restart fab.

2. On several UHD mkv files I want to shrink them to fit on a 25gb bluray using the H265.mkv.10bit profile. The resulting output file will be larger than the original, have double imaging and has audio and video stuttering, regardless of what bitrates I try.

3. DVDFab doesn't seem to detect 2-in-1 movies. To be fair, this might be a questionable disk given I got it from a $2 discount shop.

4. Some UHD sources are quite large. 90+ GB. When ripping one the output size was shown as over 100GB. After clicking start the rip finishes in 1 second and does nothing. You have to drop the output size below 70-75GB for it to rip.

5. Fab randomly fails to connect to the license server at start up. Thought it might be my VPN provider but it does is off VPN too.

6. Despite configuring fab to store logs and various other stuff in a specific location it seems to want to ignore the settings and store them somewhere else. Today I went to rip a movie and it want to save to my R: drive, even though I have always had it set to F: There is stuff left all over the place, including the root of the C:\ drive. So messy.

I really don't have the time to be sending logs and content every time I find a new problem, and sure, how can Fengtao fix things if I don't? They can't...

I'm just frustrated that things are not behaving

</endrant>

It is good feedback, some things I never noticed. For 3) I suspect a Korean knockoff. For 6), I can’t reproduce it outside of v11.0.6.2 which has some storage oddities (wrong folder for logs).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

For Yanta
      The last time h265 mkv 10bit profile worked properly is Version 11.0.54
      Good Luck

Comment

Working...
      X