Lightning-Shrink won't go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning-Shrink won't go away?

Have tried to convert some videos today to h265 but the result was jerky playback & interlace problems. Was reading up & saw it is better for me to disable Lightning-Shrink, as it disables a few other settings I wish to use.
    I've disabled it & tried to convert again using High Quality 2-pass encoding & deinterlace, but then when I hit start the conversion is about 5 times faster than before, & a message tells me that my Nvidia card is using Lightning-Shrink? The result is actually worse than it was before I disabled it?

Why is DVDFab doing this? It won't let me make use of the settings to improve my videos at all, & it's now making me think I may have to return to my original source videos & start again since they may have some problems in their vision as well?

Thought I'd mention that I selected Default in Common Settings which re-enabled Lightning-Shrink, which I disabled again, then I went to my other settings that make use of the power of the Nvidia card, re-selected them, & now DVDFab is working better (not trying to use Lighning-Shrink when it shouldn't, and using High Pass encoding).

So I guess if anyone else has problems trying to get the settings to change, use Default first?

Comment

Lightning-Shrink is the default.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Lightning-Shrink is the default.
        The problem was that it was still there when I disabled it, & only worked after selecting Default.

However, it hasn't solved my problem, as I've noticed now that everything I'm converting is now worse than the original, mainly that the result of my conversions to h265 are with missing frames? Don't understand why it's happening, as I haven't made any changes to my settings since previous conversions, nor have I added any new software or upgrades to my PC, so I''m now totally confused as to what is going on?

Comment

Have tried a straight forward conversion using other software (TMPGEnc Video MasteringWorks) & it's fine, so it seems that the problem is somewhere in DVDFab itself? I did another conversion to MP4 instead of MKV & it's slightly better?
          Last edited by magnu; 01-14-2020, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by magnu View Post

The problem was that it was still there when I disabled it, & only worked after selecting Default.

However, it hasn't solved my problem, as I've noticed now that everything I'm converting is now worse than the original, mainly that the result of my conversions to h265 are with missing frames? Don't understand why it's happening, as I haven't made any changes to my settings since previous conversions, nor have I added any new software or upgrades to my PC, so I''m now totally confused as to what is going on?
            when you disabled lightning shrink did you try restarting dvdfab
            for the changes to take effect ??

Comment

Hi,

Please also post the dvdfab internal log file, thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

when you disabled lightning shrink did you try restarting dvdfab
                for the changes to take effect ??
                Yep, I did that. Lightning-Shrink would only disable after pressing Default & then disabling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  Hi,

Please also post the dvdfab internal log file, thanks!

Wilson
                  For some strange reason the DVDFab internal log file is too big to post (1,764kb) so I'll send the relative bits in a moment in a separate post?

Comment

Here's my edited version of the log file. dvdfab_internal (edit).log

Comment

I have almost given up on this program! I've downloaded the latest version & I'm still having the problems listed above! And, to remind everyone, my current problem is that everything I have put through the software to convert to either MKV as well as Enlarger AI is skipping quite a few frames at a time. It's even happening with the previous official software that didn't have problems before!
                      I should also point out again (as I think it was not noticed by some) that I had success with many of the same files previously, even though I have made no changes to this PC since, other than installing updates, then removing them again completely and going back to the previous official release.
                      I am still able to make perfect MKVs with other software however?

Comment

Working...
                      X