Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow encoding

Hello,
    I post a problem in the french section but without answer, I try here. Having changed my computer a few days ago, I did some tests with DVDFAB but I find that the speed of encoding is not very important. By looking a little and doing some tests with my old pc I get the following results: Old PC: i7-4700 + 8GB RAM + NVIDIA 750GM: encoding at 160/180 fps New PC: Ryzen 3900X + 32GB + RX590: encoding at 100 fps. Friend's PC: core i7-6700 + 8GB + Quadro K2200: encoding at 330 fps. I had sent a message to support who gave me a try by disabling the 2 parameters (Lightning recoding and lightning-shrink) but I get the same results. The conversion is very slow. It starts at 6 fps and blocks for at least 5 minutes at 11% advance then climbs to 103 fps maximum. I tried to activate only Lightning recoding: same result and another test with lightning-shrink only where the result is identical too. I did another test by unchecking the options Lightning recoding and lightning-shrink and I chose in decoder and video encoder the option "Software" instead of "AMD APP". In this case, I see that I only use the processor and I manage to go up to 200 fps. In all tests with "AMD APP", it used 100% of the graphics card and 10% of the processor. Going through "Software", I use 100% of the processor and 2% of the graphics card. I don't understand the gap I have with my config. I saw on the English forum that there would be other people in the same case with a ryzen-based config. Here is the link of the forum in question: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ripping-issues Could you tell me if this is normal? And tell me how to fix it? thank you in advance Bryan

This is not normal but has been reported by others with AMD graphics. It was attributed in the past to a lack of an update to the sdk that apps must use to access the gpu. Please try this to help isolate the problem:
    • attach the DVDFab internal log session from a slow conversion
    • also attach the Fabcheck internal log file
    • open DVDFab Settings, select AV Codec and click the Hardware Info button. If your gpu does not have green check marks or is not shown, take a screen capture of the info and crop and save it as a png file and attach it also to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I attached files.

What do you think ?

Bryan
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

A nd the screen of the hardaware info page

Bryan
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I try a new conversion.

Here is the dvdfab internal log.

Thanks

Bryan
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

No idea for my problem ?

Thanks

Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan, your problem has been passed to the developer, any news, I will update you, thank you.

Comment

Hi,

Any news for my problem ?

Thanks

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X