Install errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install errors

Trying to update to new version, but getting an error. Usually must remove all traces of old version before installing new one. I use Revo Uninstaller to move & then monitor everything. Got this error pop-up today. Is there any clue or a workaround? Happens with the Downloader program too. I still have Version 10 too

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fab install.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	383099

are you installing "as administrator" ??
    also try checking your antivirus software

Comment

JR; download the offline installer from the DVDFab website (https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php...Fab11_x64_FULL) and run it As Administrator, should be no need to use Revo between versions, which is not generally recommended. Worked fine for me. Please try it again and report.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        JR; download the offline installer from the DVDFab website (https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php...Fab11_x64_FULL) and run it As Administrator, should be no need to use Revo between versions, which is not generally recommended. Worked fine for me. Please try it again and report.
        Nope, didn't work. same message about permissions

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post

Nope, didn't work. same message about permissions
          google "windows cannot access the specified device" Microsoft's support website has several
          tips that show how to fix this windows permissions error

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

google "windows cannot access the specified device" Microsoft's support website has several
            tips that show how to fix this windows permissions error
            I played around with some stuff (hopefully I didn't f*** up something else). Just tried to install it again & it WORKED RIGHT!!

Comment

Working...
            X