Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle color in conversion

Hi,

I have a h.264 mp4 file that's converted by earlier version of DVDFab. Recently I like to convert the h.264 mp4 to h.265 10bit mp4, however, I found the converted h.265 10bit mp4 file subtitle color is changed after conversion as shown attached. The pictures were played and captured by VLC player. Here is what I found:

1) Original h.264 mp4 subtitle is white with black highlight (it was originally converted from a DVD with subtitle option set - remux into file)
    2) Converted into h.265 10bit mp4 with subtitle option set - remux into file, the subtitle color becomes black and highlight is white (almost like inverted)
    3) Converted into h.265 10bit mp4 with subtitle option set - direct render to video, the subtitle color is same as played with h.264 mp4 in step 1

Could I set the step 2 output h.265 mp4 subtitle color to be consistent as original source? Thanks!
    Attached Files

To help reproduce the problem, please supply some additional information:
    In step 1, it seems the sub colors are correct, yes?
    In step 2, which version of DVDFab was used?

If you always want the subs to display, Direct Render would will normally produce superior results (it removes the variable of the player sub rendering). Sorry for the inconvenience, will try to reproduce it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.

In step 1, Yes, the step 1 sub color is correct
      In step 2, I'm using the latest version 11.0.9.8 (17/07/2020 x64)

Comment

We receive your feedback, we will try to duplicate the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by coolala View Post
          Hi,

I have a h.264 mp4 file that's converted by earlier version of DVDFab. Recently I like to convert the h.264 mp4 to h.265 10bit mp4, however, I found the converted h.265 10bit mp4 file subtitle color is changed after conversion as shown attached. The pictures were played and captured by VLC player. Here is what I found:

1) Original h.264 mp4 subtitle is white with black highlight (it was originally converted from a DVD with subtitle option set - remux into file)
          2) Converted into h.265 10bit mp4 with subtitle option set - remux into file, the subtitle color becomes black and highlight is white (almost like inverted)
          3) Converted into h.265 10bit mp4 with subtitle option set - direct render to video, the subtitle color is same as played with h.264 mp4 in step 1

Could I set the step 2 output h.265 mp4 subtitle color to be consistent as original source? Thanks!
          We are unable to duplicate this issue with our source. Please send us the source h.264 mp4 file so that we can test and figure out the issue. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona - uploaded 2 files to ftp site under subtitle color in conversion folder, xxx-before is the original h.264 file converted by earlier version of dvdfab (a few years ago) and xxx-after is converted by dvdfab latest version 11.1.0.4 today. Kindly investigate further. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by coolala View Post
              Hi Mona - uploaded 2 files to ftp site under subtitle color in conversion folder, xxx-before is the original h.264 file converted by earlier version of dvdfab (a few years ago) and xxx-after is converted by dvdfab latest version 11.1.0.4 today. Kindly investigate further. Thanks.
              Okay, we will download and check as soon as possible. Thanks.

Comment

We duplicated the issue with the uploaded source, we will check and fix it.

Comment

Excellent! Appreciate your effort and response! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X