X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] DVDFab just sitting there, no activity

Hi,

I recently purchased used blu-ray Moontrap (German). I tried to copy but DVDFab does not want or seems not to be able to copy. After I close the disc tray of my blu-ray recorder the disc is analyzed and then...nothing. DVDFab just behaves as if there is no disc. I checked log and found an error:

2020.08.29-18:13:06: failed to open 318

I also attached the complete log file.

Hopefully there is something that can be done to get this disc copied to an iso image file!

Thx & best regards,

Werner
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jobbanobba; 08-30-2020, 01:34 PM.

have you tried cleaning the disc since the disc is used ??

Comment

That was my first action: checking for dirt. But the disc was just in perfect condition, no scratches at all, not even a fingerprint! I tried Nero 2019 to copy it to an image. That worked, but my AppleTV refused to play the resulting iso image file. I am a bit desperate. Unfortunately I do not own a stand alone Blu-ray player, therefore I am not able to check if it can be played at all. However, the movie was 5€ only, so not a catastrophe here. I will try to return it to the store if I am in town next time.

But if someone has some other solution I would be glad.

Comment

Meanwhile I discovered that the disc is copy protected through AACS; somewhere in the log file I found the "aacs 1 bd+ 0" line.

I don't want to spend 110 € for Blu-Ray PassKey only to play an used blu-ray purchased for 5 €.

Case can be closed.
        Last edited by jobbanobba; 08-30-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

The AACS protection is on all Blu-ray Discs, so that is normal. The disc may not be fully supported, the developers will check the log you submitted.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, sounds promising! Thx a lot for caring!

Comment

here is the BDInfo file, maybe it will help
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jobbanobba View Post
                here is the BDInfo file, maybe it will help
                Please copy and zip all the folder/files except those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream from the original movie disc and then send it to our FTP. Thanks.
                I will send the FTP info via PM.

Comment

I have copied and zipped the requested files. However, the disc contains several empty folders. Please send me PM with FTP details!

Last edited by jobbanobba; 09-01-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by jobbanobba View Post
                      Any news?
                      I will urge the developer to look into it

Comment

​​​​​​Great! I am very excited to read the outcome but I fear though that the blu ray disc is kind of defective, for me it looks like authoring has been performed incorrectly.
                        Last edited by jobbanobba; 09-11-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I tried to clone the blu-ray once per day since my last post...still no luck... the blu-ray gets examined for some time, the drive spins up and down and up and down... then... nothing

Comment

Very well, I give up in regards to get an iso backup. It's a 5 € Blu-ray only, managed to get a mkv file, I can watch it, so everything's fine though disappointing of dvdfab. Case can be closed.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble. The issue you reported has been fixed, please kindly wait for the coming version and then try again to see the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X