Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 10 vs DVDFab 11 - Movies are double in size

Hello,
    I use DVDFab Ripper to save my movies as MP4. Since about 5 or 6 versions of DVDFab 11 i recognized that the files created are about double the size as with DVDFab 10 (which I still use in some cases when 11 isn't working properly). MP4 settings are the same in both, DVDFab 10 and DVDFab 12.
    Is this behaviour correct? In my opinion the file size should shrink because of better compression, but now double in size?
    Regards,
    clioschrotter

Can’t help you with v10, v11 has a new system for pre-choosing the settings in Ripper, which in some cases can make the files larger, but I would not expect double the size. In v11, select the Advanced Settings button and see if they are what they should be. If you have the free MediaInfo tool, let it scan the old and new versions of the same title and attach the text file output to a new post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you are using the "Fast Speed", "Standard", and "High Quality" presets, they have been changed. The bits/pixel were changed so the current "Fast Speed" is the old "Standard". The current "Standard" is the old "High Quality". And the current "High Quality" is a higher quality than before.

I have a feeling this is why your file sizes are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback_Jon View Post
        If you are using the "Fast Speed", "Standard", and "High Quality" presets, they have been changed. The bits/pixel were changed so the current "Fast Speed" is the old "Standard". The current "Standard" is the old "High Quality". And the current "High Quality" is a higher quality than before.

I have a feeling this is why your file sizes are different.
        Hello Jon, you are correct, that is the reason.

@clioschrotter, please go to the Advanced Settings window to change the quality preset to try again.

Comment

Hello Jon, thank you for the explanation

Comment

Working...
          X