Making More Coasters Then DVDs ? DVDFab X64 ver. 12.0.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making More Coasters Then DVDs ? DVDFab X64 ver. 12.0.0.0

I a using DVDFab X64 ver. 12.0.0.0 and seems no matter what new movie I try to back up when I play the DVD it gets near the end of the movie and they just lock up, this has happened to the last 3 or 4 DVDs, all my settings are exactly the same and using exactly the same DVD DL +R discs, I don't know what the problem is, I'd think that after burning over 2,000 + DVDs I'd have a pretty good understanding, but seems I don't? I use Clone Disc settings....or copy full disc , the last one I just did yesterday was Bloodshot and at near the end of the DVD disc it just locks up. It's not my DVD player I just bought a brand new one and it works perfectly.. any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance...
    Burner1

What brand media are you using? Are you using DVDFab to burn, or some other utility such as Imgburn (if you are not using Imgburn, I would recommend that). What speed are you burning? I would recommend burning at the slowest speed supported by your burner. Since you just got a new player, there could be some incompatibility between with the media or the speed you are burning and the new player. If you still have your old player, will these recent discs play in that? I have problems with Verbatim BD 50 discs and my Sony player, even though Imgburn verifies without errors, but they play ok in an older Panasonic player. Since you just bought a new player, that is a variable that has changed. Do the copied files play ok from your HDD using a software player? If they do it is likely a burning issue. If not, it could be an authoring issue. Upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab and try again. You need to provide more info since there are too many variables here. Do your previously burned discs play ok with the new player?

Finally, post all your logs (including burning log if burning from within DVDFab) ... they may offer a clue as to what is causing this.

Comment

1st - try slowing down your burn speed to 4x
      2nd - use good quality blanks, Verbatim brand are the best
      3rd - you might try burning using imgburn

Comment

Hi guy's, thanks for the advice, i have pretty much always used verbatim =r dl dics, and to be honest of all the 2,000 + dvds that i have backed up i have never in all the years had to use imgburn so i don't know why i should have to use it now all of a sudden? Maybe the last verbatim discs i had just had some bad discs? I've ordered another 50 verbatim +r dl discs we'll see if it's the discs or something in the software. I'm uploading my log files as well... I'VE ALSO UPDATED TO THE NEWEST VERSION AND TRIED IT AND HAD THE SAME RESULT. Thanks guy's
        burner1
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Burner1; 11-01-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner1 View Post
          Hi guy's, thanks for the advice, i have pretty much always used verbatim =r dl dics, and to be honest of all the 2,000 + dvds that i have backed up i have never in all the years had to use imgburn so i don't know why i should have to use it now all of a sudden? Maybe the last verbatim discs i had just had some bad discs? I've ordered another 50 verbatim +r dl discs we'll see if it's the discs or something in the software. I'm uploading my log files as well... I'VE ALSO UPDATED TO THE NEWEST VERSION AND TRIED IT AND HAD THE SAME RESULT. Thanks guy's
          burner1
          do you know about how old your DVD Burner is ??
          might try uninstalling your computers dvd drive, restart your computer
          and let windows reinstall the drive. also try blowing out the inside of the drive with
          a can of compressed air and clean the laser lens with a dvd lens cleaner

Comment

Burner1
            ​​​​​​​Supply the logs as recommended earlier in this thread. Attach the burn log and DVDFab internal log. Instructions are linked in my sig, below or here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...532#post263532
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Looking at your burn log, at timestamp 06:49:27 a close disc error is generated. This could either bad media or perhaps burner error, or DVDFab burn engine. As suggested, just for troubleshooting purposes, try using Imgburn and see what results you get with that. Personally, I have had some issues with DVDFab internal burning in the past and now always burn all my discs using Imgburn.

Also, regardless of which method you use, you should also always turn verify ON. The operations takes a bit longer but should help you determine whether or not you had a successful burn right away.
              Last edited by LaciBacsi; 11-03-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you know about how old your dvd burner is ??
                Might try uninstalling your computers dvd drive, restart your computer
                and let windows reinstall the drive. Also try blowing out the inside of the drive with
                a can of compressed air and clean the laser lens with a dvd lens cleaner
                yep, it's a lg and it's about 1 and a half years old... Like new.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  Burner1
                  ​​​​​​​Supply the logs as recommended earlier in this thread. Attach the burn log and DVDFab internal log. Instructions are linked in my sig, below or here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...532#post263532
                  HI SIGNALS, THE MOVIE WAS BLOODSHOT , THIS WAS THE ONE I MADE AN ISO AND THEN BURNT, AND I JUST BURNT ANOTHE COASTER OFF OF THE SAME ISO FILE, I HAVE TURNED THE BURNING SPEED DOWN TO 4x AND STILL LOCKS UP AT ABOUT CHAPTER 10 ON THE MOVIE. MAYBE THE ISO FILE I MADE IS BAD ALSO ? JUST SEEMS STRANGE THAT UP UNTIL I UPDATED FROM X64 11 VERSION TO THE X64 12 VERSION I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, ALSO I TRIED THE DISC ON A DIFFERENT BLU-RAY PLAYER AND IT LOCKED IT UP SO I HAD TO TURN THE PLAYER OFF AND RESTART IT TO GET THE DISC OUT OF IT... THE FUNNY THING IS IF I RIP THE MOVIE AND PLAY IT ON MY SSD DRIVE THROUGH THE BLU-RAY PLAYER USB INPUT THEY PLAY PERFECTLY.... WEIRD.
                  THANKS FOR CHECKING INTO IT SIGNAL HERE ARE THE FILES. THANKS AGAIN !
                  BURNER1
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lacibacsi View Post
                    looking at your burn log, at timestamp 06:49:27 a close disc error is generated. This could either bad media or perhaps burner error, or dvdfab burn engine. As suggested, just for troubleshooting purposes, try using imgburn and see what results you get with that. Personally, i have had some issues with dvdfab internal burning in the past and now always burn all my discs using imgburn.

Also, regardless of which method you use, you should also always turn verify on. The operations takes a bit longer but should help you determine whether or not you had a successful burn right away.
                    hi thanks for looking at the files for me, i tried to get imageburn from imageburn.com and when i went to install it my virus protection stopped it from installing it said it protected me from something or another, do you have a good link to it that you know is safe? Please post it for me.
                    Thanks again for your help
                    burner1

Comment

Get it at www.imgburn.com. Probably a false positive from your antivirus.

See this from your burn log:

6:48:40 Info WritingDisc: Closing Track... 06:48:40 Info WritingDisc: Close Disc...
                      06:49:27 Error WritingDisc: Close Disc fail - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead In

Try burning with the LG drive if you haven’t already. Also, you seem to have DVDFab set for “recommended” burn speed, this is almost always too fast. For the Verbatim DLs that are marked “8x-10x” on the spindle, set the burn speed to 6x for lowest read error rate (4x is too slow in most drives). If the spindle is marked “6x-8x”, use 4x.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals, Well I finally got time to make some more coasters, LOL I have downloaded and installed image Burn the newest version, so I attempted to make a back up DVD of Guest House first using DVD Fab write engine, does the same thing around chapter 10 it locks up on the DVD player and when I did the verify it failed, So I tried to burn the ISO using image Burn and here is the message it gave me from image burn, "Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01)
                        This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.
                        None of the cells meet the DVD-Video specification criteria for a potential layer break position." so I'm sure I must have some settings wrong on this newest version of DVDFab X64 ver. 12.0.0.6 but if you could help me figure this out I'm sure it will work, I did what you suggested I ran the burner at 6X and used my LG Drive that I have used on probably a hundred or more back ups flawlessly, LOL so I don't know what settings must be incorrect? I will post the DVDFab Logs also. Thanks for all you do Signals
                        Burner1
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burner1 View Post
                          Hi Signals, Well I finally got time to make some more coasters, LOL I have downloaded and installed image Burn the newest version, so I attempted to make a back up DVD of Guest House first using DVD Fab write engine, does the same thing around chapter 10 it locks up on the DVD player and when I did the verify it failed, So I tried to burn the ISO using image Burn and here is the message it gave me from image burn, "Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01)
                          This image has not been mastered correctly for burning onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc.
                          None of the cells meet the DVD-Video specification criteria for a potential layer break position." so I'm sure I must have some settings wrong on this newest version of DVDFab X64 ver. 12.0.0.6 but if you could help me figure this out I'm sure it will work, I did what you suggested I ran the burner at 6X and used my LG Drive that I have used on probably a hundred or more back ups flawlessly, LOL so I don't know what settings must be incorrect? I will post the DVDFab Logs also. Thanks for all you do Signals
                          Burner1
                          try recopying your disc using "clone mode" and then retry burning the disc since you have DVD DL +R discs

Comment

Hi october262,
                            I got a good burn this time, I copied the disc as main movie, then used image burn to burn it, I'm not familiar with image burn but in time I guess I'll get use to it. It made a perfect copy ! Yehhh!
                            Thanks for your input, I totally appreciate it !
                            Burner1

Comment

Working...
                            X