AudioCopy split by chapter - chapters too long in RAW files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AudioCopy split by chapter - chapters too long in RAW files

If I buy music BDs with high-res audio soundtracks, I rip the audio as RAW and convert it to WAV to store it on my music server. I do this using the AudioCopy option in DVDFab, selecting the PCM audio track, copying it in the native sample rate and bit depth, and splitting on chapters.

On the two BD discs I have ripped the audio from most recently (both music discs by Marillion), the files when split by chapter are all slightly too long, which means that each chapter contains the first fraction of a second of the next chapter at the end. It's not that the chapter points on the disc are inaccurate, because each chapter file starts at the correct point - if you were to reassemble all the individual chapters, there would be a fraction of a second of repeated music where each pair of chapters joins.

The amount of audio which overlaps is consistent between all chapters on a disc, but is not consistent between discs. Both discs have 96kHz 24-bit PCM audio, and on one the overlap is around 76000 samples (about 3/4 of a second) and on the other, the overlap is around 90000 samples (most of a second).

This overlap does not seem to occur when I rip the DTS stream off the disc and split on chapters; that seems to put the correct amount of audio in each file. There is also no overlap if I rip the entire disc as a single RAW file - it only occurs when splitting on chapters.

This happens with both DVDFab 11.0.1.4 and with the latest release of version 12, which I have just downloaded to see if it fixed the issue.

Any more information I can give to help debug this, please let me know, but it would be good if it can be fixed;

Thanks for the feedback. The developers will check it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by spl237 View Post
      If I buy music BDs with high-res audio soundtracks, I rip the audio as RAW and convert it to WAV to store it on my music server. I do this using the AudioCopy option in DVDFab, selecting the PCM audio track, copying it in the native sample rate and bit depth, and splitting on chapters.

On the two BD discs I have ripped the audio from most recently (both music discs by Marillion), the files when split by chapter are all slightly too long, which means that each chapter contains the first fraction of a second of the next chapter at the end. It's not that the chapter points on the disc are inaccurate, because each chapter file starts at the correct point - if you were to reassemble all the individual chapters, there would be a fraction of a second of repeated music where each pair of chapters joins.

The amount of audio which overlaps is consistent between all chapters on a disc, but is not consistent between discs. Both discs have 96kHz 24-bit PCM audio, and on one the overlap is around 76000 samples (about 3/4 of a second) and on the other, the overlap is around 90000 samples (most of a second).

This overlap does not seem to occur when I rip the DTS stream off the disc and split on chapters; that seems to put the correct amount of audio in each file. There is also no overlap if I rip the entire disc as a single RAW file - it only occurs when splitting on chapters.

This happens with both DVDFab 11.0.1.4 and with the latest release of version 12, which I have just downloaded to see if it fixed the issue.

Any more information I can give to help debug this, please let me know, but it would be good if it can be fixed;
      We will try to duplicate the issue. Just in case, please post the dvdfab_internal log file too, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X