Conversion not remux-ing subtitles into video file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.5.4(Win) Conversion not remux-ing subtitles into video file

I'm using v12.0.5.4 on a fully updated Win10 PC. I'm converting a .mkv file with forced subtitles to a smaller .mp4 file (for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3) using the Fast Speed option. Under the settings for this file I have subtitles mode set to Remux into file, and I have tried various settings for the language option (EN forced+default+no-label, EN Display only forced subtitle>Forced only/Normal and forced only with and without EN forced+default+no-label). All settings I have listed show the subtitles in the Preview across the centre of the video, but the final .mp4 file does not display the forced subtitles. They are there, but I need to use a player that either automatically detects subtitles or allows me to turn on subtitle displays. As this restricts what I can play the final file with, I would like to have the forced subtitles permanently embedded in the video file. Is there something I can change to do this? I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Paul Lloyd.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 may not support the subtitle format, please use render mode to try again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20211202-103009.png
Views:	295
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	403189

When you playback the original movie, did you get any subtitles if you do not turn on the Subtitles?

Comment

Mona,

Many thanks for your quick response.

To answer your closing last question first: So far, GOM Player & SMPlayer Media Player are the only ones I have found that automatically detect the Forced Subtitles. PowerDVD 20 requires me deliberately to turn on Subtitle recognition. Others I have tried and failed to find the subtitles are: VLC Media Player, RealPlayer, Films & TV app (Windows), and Windows Media Player.

You may well be right about Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 not supporting the subtitle, but I have used this Output setting for a good number of .mkv file conversions with subtitles in the past, and they have worked just fine with the "Remux into file" setting. There is always the possibility that the conversion for this Output option has altered.

Finally, the "Direct render to video" seems to work (at least for a short test), but at the cost of 1/2 the conversion Fps. I guess I can be patient enough to accept this. You might like to raise this Remux issue with your technical staff to see if it warrants further investigation.

Again, thanks Mona. Please consider this posting as completed unless I raise a further issue during/after the long conversion. The file I was converting was "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" obtained from Mediasack.

Paul Lloyd.

Comment

You may well be right about Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 not supporting the subtitle, but I have used this Output setting for a good number of .mkv file conversions with subtitles in the past, and they have worked just fine with the "Remux into file" setting. There is always the possibility that the conversion for this Output option has altered.
        So only "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" have this problem? If so, we may need a source file to test it.
        Please provide the dvdfab_internal log file first.

Comment

Working...
        X