Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.0.5.6 Chapter Selection Rip isn't working correctly

I'm using 12.0.5.6 RIpper module.
    I've noticed that if I select just a couple chapters of a movie to rip or even just the first chapter to rip, the ripper module will rip the entire movie.

Could someone confirm this and develop a fix for it.
    It's much easier and faster to test ripping a movie just using a chapter.

Thanks

DVD or Blu-ray, which profile?
    I could not duplicate it with a DVD source.
    Please provide more info and post the dvdfab_internal log session for the conversion, we will check again, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      DVD or Blu-ray, which profile?
      I could not duplicate it with a DVD source.
      Please provide more info and post the dvdfab_internal log session for the conversion, we will check again, thank you.
      I'm sorry I didn't include more info.
      I'm running the latest 12.0.5.6 firmware.
      I use three custom profiles and it's happening on all of them.

First profile is for bluray and dvd discs and is as follows:
      MKV, H265, 10Bit, 2 pass high quality encoding, Video quality customized to .15 bits/pixel, Copy Audio, Subtitles are Direct Render to video.

Second profile is for UHD Dolby Vision discs and is as follows:
      MP4, 4K, H265, 10Bit, Dolby Vision Single Stream, 2 pass high quality encoding, Video quality customized to .12 bits/pixel, Copy Audio, Subtitles are Direct Render to video.

The Third profile is for UHD HDR discs and is pretty much the same as my profile for UHD Dolby Vision discs, except it's MKV and not MP4.

I tried ripping The Matrix chapters 1 through 5 on both the bluray and UHD discs.
      It ripped the entire movie on each disc.

I can't attach any logs nor screenshots because of the following error I get when trying to do so:
      Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 59.3 KB but you only have 5.5 KB of 9.77 MB remaining
      I have screenshots and the logs if you have another way for me to give them to you.

Comment

Please send the log files and related info to my email account directly. Thanks.

Comment

Please send the log files and related info to my email account directly. Thanks.
          Email sent with logs and screenshots.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post

Email sent with logs and screenshots.

Thank you
            Files received. I have passed the log and screenshot to the developer.

Comment

Files received. I have passed the log and screenshot to the developer.
              Look forward to confirmation and a fix.
              Thanks

Comment

Mona

I'm still unable to rip selected chapters of any movie.
                Was this ever resolved?
                I'm currently on 12.0.8.9 and still can't rip just selected chapters like chapters 1 through 2 or just chapter 1.

I really need this resolved so that it's easier for me to try different settings and subtitles.

I'm attaching an internal log from when I tried to rip just Chapter 1 of two different movies, The Batman (2022) and Minions Rise of Gru (2022).

Please let me know how I can help more.
                Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

I will check with the QA team again and get back to you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221116-183302.png
Views:	248
Size:	557.8 KB
ID:	417779
                    I used the source you provided and tested one chapter, the output file contains one chapter only.

Comment

Name:	screenshot-20221116-183302.png
Views:	248
Size:	557.8 KB
ID:	417779
                      I used the source you provided and tested one chapter, the output file contains one chapter only.
                      I'll update to 12.0.9.2 and test chapter selection again and let you know if I'm still having the problem.
                      Thanks for the update.

Comment

Mona

I just updated to 12.0.9.2 and I still can't rip just a single chapter of a bluray disc.
                        I used the same disc, Dream a Little Dream (1989).
                        Here is the mediainfo from my last rip of just Chapter 1 of the disc:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 140018.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	417879

I have no idea how you were able to get just the one chapter to rip, but I do see that you used the MP4.DolbyVision profile. I used the correct MKV.H265.10Bit profile.

I will try again with the MP4.DolbyVision profile, like you used, and see what happens.
                        I will also try and rip the whole disc to a hard drive, then rip just one chapter from the file it created.
                        I never copy full discs to my hard drive then rip from those files, so I only care about ripping from a disc.

Attached is the mediainfo text file and the dvdfab log.

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
                          Mona

I just updated to 12.0.9.2 and I still can't rip just a single chapter of a bluray disc.
                          I used the same disc, Dream a Little Dream (1989).
                          Here is the mediainfo from my last rip of just Chapter 1 of the disc:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 140018.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	417879

I have no idea how you were able to get just the one chapter to rip, but I do see that you used the MP4.DolbyVision profile. I used the correct MKV.H265.10Bit profile.

I will try again with the MP4.DolbyVision profile, like you used, and see what happens.
                          I will also try and rip the whole disc to a hard drive, then rip just one chapter from the file it created.
                          I never copy full discs to my hard drive then rip from those files, so I only care about ripping from a disc.

Attached is the mediainfo text file and the dvdfab log.
                          have you tried right clicking on the movie title and selecting copy source ?? - see post Forum - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...bsets-in-batch

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried right clicking on the movie title and selecting copy source ?? - see post Forum - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...bsets-in-batch
                            I don't need to copy the source to rip another selection of chapters.
                            I need to rip only 1 chapter from the disc.

I also can't rip just 1 chapter from the disc, which is the whole problem.
                            So even if I needed to copy the source so I could select different chapters for a rip, I can't get it to rip just one chapter. The program will only rip the entire movie file it has selected even though I have selected certain chapters.

Comment

Mona

I just ripped just one chapter with the same profile you used, MP4.Dolbyvision.
                              It ripped the whole movie again.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 150405.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	417890

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 150959.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	417887

Attached are the logs and the mediainfo file.

Comment

Working...
                              X