12.0.5.6 Chapter Selection Rip isn't working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post

I don't need to copy the source to rip another selection of chapters.
    I need to rip only 1 chapter from the disc.

I also can't rip just 1 chapter from the disc, which is the whole problem.
    So even if I needed to copy the source so I could select different chapters for a rip, I can't get it to rip just one chapter. The program will only rip the entire movie file it has selected even though I have selected certain chapters.
    ok, would DVD to mobile work ? - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...pter-selection
    also see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...r-concert-dvd
    or split by chapter - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-chapter-range
    Last edited by october262; 11-18-2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Mona

I just used a full copy source file to rip just chapter 1 and it still ripped the entire movie.
      I used the correct profile, MKV.H265.10bit

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 151501.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	417893

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 152524.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	417894

Attached are the logs and mediainfo file.

Not sure what else I can do to get this to work for me.
      Hopefully your developers can figure it out.

Thanks

Comment

Mona

I just used a full copy source file to rip just chapter 1 and it still ripped the entire movie.
        I used the correct profile, MKV.H265.10bit

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 151501.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	417893

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-18 152524.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	417894

Attached are the logs and mediainfo file.

Not sure what else I can do to get this to work for me.
        Hopefully your developers can figure it out.

Thanks
        since you already have the disc copied to your computer, now try the copy source option - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...several-videos

Comment

Mona

So I tried to resolve this issue of not being able to rip selected chapters of any title whether it's a bluray or UHD disc.
          I completely uninstalled DVDFab and all its folders. I then rebooted and installed a new download of 12.0.9.3.
          I used the UHD disc of Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) to try and rip just the 1st chapter of that title.
          I used the preselected profile MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit and adjusted the profile with the following attributes:
          - Web Optimized box checked
          - High Quality Encoding (2 pass)
          - Video Quality Customized with Bits/Pixel set to .15
          - Copy Audio (which is in Atmos)
          - Subtitles set to Direct Render to Video

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 224615.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	418629
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 223841.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	418630

I'm still unable to rip just a single chapter. I have absolutely no idea how you are able to rip just one chapter.
          Does the way I have the attributes of that profile affect DVDFab so that it will only rip the entire title?? Cause that's the only explanation I can think of.

I thought maybe I needed to delete and reinstall DVDFab, but that obviously didn't help.

I will try yet again, but this time with the bluray disc of that same movie and let whichever Profile DVDFab selects without touching the profile's attributes. I'll just change the chapter selection to only Chapter 1 and hit start.

I've attached the logs from this UHD disc rip.

[ATTACH]n418636[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]n418637[/ATTACH]
          Last edited by FQs19; 12-07-2022, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I have not been able to attach any log files for some unknown reason.
            Are there issues with attachments on this forum?

Comment

So I just tried ripping the first chapter of the bluray disc of Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022).
              I used the Profile DVDFab selected without adjusting any of the attributes for that profile.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 225732.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	418640

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 225749.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	418641
              Unfortunately, I still couldn't get just the 1st chapter to rip by itself. DVDFab will always rip the entire title no matter what I do.
              Here is the Mediainfo from this bluray rip showing the whole movie, 2hr 19mins:

Name:	Mediainfo Bluray title.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	418642

Why will this not work for me??
              I really need this feature to work. I'm wasting energy and time trying to make sure what Subtitle works when I choose the Subtitle Direct Render option.

Please help.

I've attached the logs again. Not sure why the attached logs aren't shown on the post.

Comment

I switched to using the Copy module instead of the Ripper tab just to see if that would only copy the first chapter and guess what, it worked! It only copied the first chapter.
                Here is the Mediainfo file for proof:

Name:	Mediainfo Bluray title Copy mode.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	418645

It shows only 7min 4 sec!
                So there is definitely something wrong with the Ripper module.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 235254.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	418646

Mona

Could you have someone look into this?
                I'm attaching the logs from this session, but you'll see in the logs that I tried a whole bunch of different tests.
                Thanks

Comment

I switched to using the Copy module instead of the Ripper tab just to see if that would only copy the first chapter and guess what, it worked! It only copied the first chapter.
                  Here is the Mediainfo file for proof:

Name:	Mediainfo Bluray title Copy mode.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	418645

It shows only 7min 4 sec!
                  So there is definitely something wrong with the Ripper module.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-06 235254.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	418646

Mona

Could you have someone look into this?
                  I'm attaching the logs from this session, but you'll see in the logs that I tried a whole bunch of different tests.
                  Thanks
                  do you happen to have version 11 of dvdfab ?? if yes, then try that version and see if you can rip your chapters.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you happen to have version 11 of dvdfab ?? if yes, then try that version and see if you can rip your chapters.
                    I do have old DVDFab versions including the 11 series.
                    I will try 11's Ripper module and report back.

Comment

Mona

I uninstalled DVDFab 12 and installed DVDFab 11.1.0.7 to test october262 theory about DVDFab 12 being the problem and he was correct.
                      I can not rip a single chapter or multiple chapters in DVDFab 12 (any version in 12.x.x.x).
                      I can, however, rip a single or multiple chapters in DVDFab 11 (tested version 11.1.0.7).

So there is no problem with my computer.
                      There are no problems with any of the Profiles I use.
                      There are no problems with any of the video attributes I change in the Profiles I use, like 2 pass and custom Bits/Pixel, etc.
                      There is a software problem that occurred going from DVDFab 11 to DVDFab 12. I don't have time to test every version of DVDFab 12 to see where chapter selection ripping breaks, but at least your software developers can look at the code between DVDFab 11 and DVDFab 12 to see what changed.

Here are screenshots and the logs from my rip of Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) bluray disc chapter 1:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-07 105033.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	418659

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-07 105134.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	418660

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-07 105504.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	418661

You can see DVDFab 11.1.0.7 was used and it only ripped the selected Chapter 1. Took less then 3mins in my system.
                      This is expected behavior. I'm really hoping your developers can figure this out and put out a new version with the fix.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X