LiveUpdate fails updating DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Still failing here. Don't know if this is the log needed or not.
    In your case, from which version did you try to update to the latest one?

Comment

12.0.6.7 to 12.0.6.8
      And every other update for the past 6 or so - all failed. Probably every one since 12.0.5.x.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackspower View Post
        My OTA / Live Updates are also failing. Started about four releases ago. The OTA packages downloads OK but the install fails.

I have downloaded the full off-line version, but Live Update still fails.

Log files attached. Looks like the MD5 problems. ("The file's MD5 is inconsistent!")
        DVDFab Team - I haven't had a response and the issue still exists with v12.0.6.7. The OTA update to v12.0.6.8 fails.

Please, please fix this . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Mackspower View Post

DVDFab Team - I haven't had a response and the issue still exists with v12.0.6.7. The OTA update to v12.0.6.8 fails.

Please, please fix this . . .
          We do not have online update issues in our tests. Our developer still needs time to find out why you would get such an update failure.

For now, when you encounter such a problem, please download the version from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and install it to get the update manually.

Comment

Unfortunately I have the same issue, all I get is a small black window with "Live update" in the top left corner and nothing else. It hasn't been working for the releases since 12.0.5.3 very similar to the OP. Yes I understand I can download the updates directly but it would be nice to fix the problem

Comment

Again after the failed update I saw a running instance of "liveupdate.exe", locked log files and a new registry key to restart liveupdate after reboot. Stopping that process and deleting the startup key makes it go away permanently.

Comment

Same for me. Live updat4 fails.Has been doing so for at least the last 4 updates. Get message "failed" after download.

Comment

12.0.6.9 liveupdate fails just like all the others.

Comment

Hi guys, anyone who encountered the online update failure, please do post all the log files available under the path below, thank you for your support.
                    C:\Users\COMPUTER NAME\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update\updateL og

Comment

Log files updating to 12.0.6.9 attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                        Hi guys, anyone who encountered the online update failure, please do post all the log files available under the path below, thank you for your support.
                        C:\Users\COMPUTER NAME\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update\updateL og
                        You're assuming a default temp folder location. Here's what I found in my temp folder.
                        Attached Files

Comment

@oldManInFL and @rdgrimes
                          The developer checked your log files and in both of your cases, the Plcore.dll got changed which resulted in the online update failure.
                          And the developer suspected that your installer before the update was not from DVDFab website.
                          Do you still recall where you download it? If yes, please offer us more info, so that we can get the same one to try to duplicate the issue, so as to correct it.
                          Thank you for your cooperation again.

Comment

I updated from your web site!. The file Plcore.dll looks like a file from Norton 360 Security.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              @oldManInFL and @rdgrimes
                              The developer checked your log files and in both of your cases, the Plcore.dll got changed which resulted in the online update failure.
                              And the developer suspected that your installer before the update was not from DVDFab website.
                              Do you still recall where you download it? If yes, please offer us more info, so that we can get the same one to try to duplicate the issue, so as to correct it.
                              Thank you for your cooperation again.
                              That's ridiculous. The last live update that worked was the final version in the 12.0.5.x series. Every update since then has been direct from YOUR website. Keep trying to blame everyone else for the problems and you'll never find it.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post

That's ridiculous. The last live update that worked was the final version in the 12.0.5.x series. Every update since then has been direct from YOUR website. Keep trying to blame everyone else for the problems and you'll never find it.
                                I can understand your feelings, however, the developer cannot duplicate it thus they won't be able to get a solution for it.
                                In this case, please do a complete uninstall of DVDFab 12, remove all the related files and then install the offline version.
                                This way, it should work in future online updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X