12.1.1.5 Forced subtitles not working during conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.1.1.5 Forced subtitles not working during conversion

Used movie The Equalizer 3 and wanted English subtitles for the Italian spoken.

Checked Display Only Forced Subtitle
    Selected Forced Only
    Selected English (default) (forced)
    Took 27 minutes​

Subtitles were missing, out of sync and/or on screen way after being spoken.

If my settings are wrong, what should I use?
    Attached Files

Can you please confirm if the subtitle stream for the English subtitles for the Italian spoken is a forced subtitle or not?

There are two types of Forced subtitles, one is marked as Forced Subtitle in the subtitle stream, like Avatar, it's supported in DVDFab 12, and you can use the "Display forced subtitle" option only;
    Another is in a separate subtitle stream, it's marked as a Normal subtitle, take the movie "Shape of Water" as an example, its first English subtitle has all the subtitles, and the second subtitle has forced subtitles only. In DVDFab 12, DVDFab will scan all the subtitle streams and keep the forced subtitle when the "Scan forced subtitles" option is selected. ​

Comment

I took the default values presented. No matter how the subtitles were in the file, they did not display correctly. This is not the only video that did not work. Dial of destiny also did not work as well as sounds of freedom

Comment

When selecting subtitles, the opening screen shows:
        English (default) (forced)
        English
        English
        ther Languages

I select English (default) (forced) and take the default settings.
        If I preview the video, it works correctly.

Comment

2023.10.04-06:23:18: info: stream input@ SubPicture(2)[codec(srt) language(English) opcode(render)]
          2023.10.04-06:23:18: info: SubMode(Render) -- Display Only forced Subtitle(true)
          What software player did you use for the playback?Did you try to enable the subtitles? ​

Comment

Windows Media Player, DVD Media Player and others. All indicate NO subtitles. I thought DVDfab burned the subtitles into the video. Why does the preview work correctly but the output video is messed up?

Comment

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
              Windows Media Player, DVD Media Player and others. All indicate NO subtitles. I thought DVDfab burned the subtitles into the video. Why does the preview work correctly but the output video is messed up?
              are you making a full disc copy or a main movie copy ?? try using full disc mode. see this thread post #4 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...les#post383752

Comment

Most discs have forced subtitles integrated into an existing subtitle stream. But some titles have the type of subtitles you want included in a separate subtitle stream that you must select and include in your main movie and then default them to display. Try to identify what each of the subtitles are in your source and see if if one of them is actually the subtitle stream you need in your output.

Comment

I am converting from mkv to mp4 and select the subtitle options noted above! The preview shows the video with subtitles working, but the output video is messed up. Can you try this and see what results you get.

Comment

I am converting from mkv to mp4 and select the subtitle options noted above! The preview shows the video with subtitles working, but the output video is messed up. Can you try this and see what results you get.
                    Maybe you can send the video source to us? Please check PM for more info, thanks.

Comment

Mona, file The Equalizer 3 (2023).mkv has been uploaded. First subtitle is at about 2:15 in video. Preview works correctly.

Comment

Mona, file The Equalizer 3 (2023).mkv has been uploaded. First subtitle is at about 2:15 in video. Preview works correctly.
                        OK, I will download it as soon as possible.

Comment

Used movie The Equalizer 3 and wanted English subtitles for the Italian spoken.

Checked Display Only Forced Subtitle
                          Selected Forced Only
                          Selected English (default) (forced)
                          Took 27 minutes​

Subtitles were missing, out of sync and/or on screen way after being spoken.

If my settings are wrong, what should I use?
                          Please Select English (default) (forced), and uncheck Display Only Forced Subtitle to try it again, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20231019-100206.png
Views:	2364
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	431714

Comment

Tried with above settings. Conversion ran over 30 minutes. Using 2 different video programs, neither showed any subtitles.

Comment

Mona, did you get forced subtitles to display correctly?

Comment

Working...
                              X