Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Various file sizes using Netflix downloader and latest update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various file sizes using Netflix downloader and latest update.

The program is downloading episodes faster, but I get differing file sizes. For example The Arrow, using the latest update the file sizes are between .85GB to 2.1GB. Before the update they were always about the same size, at about 2GB.
    Thank you for any help.

Yep, I am getting the same, so much so that I reverted back to the original version without the updates....

Comment

Procat and smithmk,
      Please clarify the version number you are using currently. If it is not working as it should, attach the drmDownloader log to a new post.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm was using 3.2.0.0 but reverted back to original. I downloaded 'the crime' which is 40 minutes long per episode, file came out 650mb, 2100 kb/s bit rate at 720p. When I then downloaded the same file using the original DVDFab downloader it came out at 1.5gb, 3500 kb/s bit rate at 720p. I much prefer the higher bit rate so I will stick to the original version, thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by smithmk View Post
          I'm was using 3.2.0.0 but reverted back to original. I downloaded 'the crime' which is 40 minutes long per episode, file came out 650mb, 2100 kb/s bit rate at 720p. When I then downloaded the same file using the original DVDFab downloader it came out at 1.5gb, 3500 kb/s bit rate at 720p. I much prefer the higher bit rate so I will stick to the original version, thanks for your help.
          What version of the downloader did you go back to?

Comment

I'm having the same experience with 3.2.0.0. I've attached the log file.

I've downloaded 5 episodes from "The 100" season 1. Episodes 1 and 2 show good file size and bit rates averaging 5.2m. However, episodes 4, 5, & 7 show about half the file size compared to episodes 1 and 2 and bit rates averaging 2m. I do see the degradation in picture quality with the low bit rate episodes.

When I watch episodes 4, 5, & 7 in the Windows 10 Netflix app I see much higher bit rates averaging 5m to 8m. So I don't think the downloader is getting the best available.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by hart7; 04-26-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

The old version is recording playback and then reencode. Now it is a direct download from Netflix server, which is much better, it's not been reencoded.

Comment

Working...
              X