About the recoding process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the recoding process

It is true that the downloader is actually downloading the original file and then transfering it into a huge file with the bitrate of 15Mb/s? We don't need the huge file with fake bitrate, could you please try to make the downloader download the original file? Thanks!

About the issue of "transferring it into a huge file", please specify the movie you have tried and zip the whole log folder and send it to us, we will check. Thanks.

Comment

This has not been true, maybe something has changed with recent DRM changes, but without sites and titles and log, you're kind of trying to send people on a wild goose chase that they aren't going to participate in

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        About the issue of "transferring it into a huge file", please specify the movie you have tried and zip the whole log folder and send it to us, we will check. Thanks.
        Actually, every download is making a huge file, the size is 3 times than the normal size, and the bitrate is not the actual bitrate.

Comment

Originally posted by cool_water View Post

Actually, every download is making a huge file, the size is 3 times than the normal size, and the bitrate is not the actual bitrate.
          This is untrue as of v5.0.0.8, so without specifics no one can do anything to even find what you're talking about.

I just tried an Amazon download, it did have a high bit rate about 11600kbps (not 15000) and took 5 minutes to process1:46:33 of video... my system can do a little better than realtime processing of 1080p there is ABSOLUTELY no way it can re-encode at 21x which it would have to do to have re-encoded. So it was NOT re-encoding any video stream.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post

This is untrue as of v5.0.0.8, so without specifics no one can do anything to even find what you're talking about.

I just tried an Amazon download, it did have a high bit rate about 11600kbps (not 15000) and took 5 minutes to process1:46:33 of video... my system can do a little better than realtime processing of 1080p there is ABSOLUTELY no way it can re-encode at 21x which it would have to do to have re-encoded. So it was NOT re-encoding any video stream.
            Actually I am talking the recoding process of Hulu JAPAN.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post

I didn't use 5.0.0.8, but am using 9. With Hulu it is rerendering to a larger file size. You can see the downloaded original in the temp directory...and see that the output is a bit bigger than the original.

Comment

Thanks for adding some info, but it's still not enough. I upgraded to 5.0.1.0 and tried the new Croods movie from Hulu. It finished at about 2500kbps and a total size under 1.6GB

Comment

All,
                  Please zip and attach the logs or send them to DVDFab as Mona requested earlier using the controls in StreamFab Settings. It is truly a goose chase without them as noted earlier. Thanks
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by cool_water View Post

Actually I am talking the recoding process of Hulu JAPAN.
                    That helps. Also post the title of some of the things you are downloading... AND the StreamFab Logs (usually located in My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log )

Hulu USA isn't giving me high bit rates or file sizes. For example, here is Only Murderers in the building...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-12_11-28-18.png
Views:	445
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	403876
                    And video bit rates are only in the neighborhood of 1,200 kb/s

Comment

Note: I only checked Hulu USA, I think the part about Hulu Japan may have been in a post that was approved after I checked. thanks for the additional info

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                        That helps. Also post the title of some of the things you are downloading... AND the StreamFab Logs (usually located in My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log )

Hulu USA isn't giving me high bit rates or file sizes. For example, here is Only Murderers in the building...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-12_11-28-18.png
Views:	445
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	403876
                        And video bit rates are only in the neighborhood of 1,200 kb/s
                        Ahh, this was a clue. I downloaded the first 2 episodes of that show and StreamFab didn't reencode them. One of the shows I downloaded, "The View" is being reencoded to 2x larger.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post

Ahh, this was a clue. I downloaded the first 2 episodes of that show and StreamFab didn't reencode them. One of the shows I downloaded, "The View" is being reencoded to 2x larger.
                          1480 2021:12:11-17:43:38 Info: OS: 64bit System Windows 7 1480 2021:12:11-17:43:38 Info: "GPU: name, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 ,driver 27.21.14.6589"
                          The developer needs the whole log folder to get more accurate information. Please zip the log folder and post it again, or you can submit it through the Feedback option via StreamFab.

Comment

Nope...Feedback through StreamFab kept failing to send anything Yesterday. Then I archived the Log directory and it was rejected for using RAR which compresses better. So I "Zipped it" and that was too big for attachment here. Which is why I only included the 1 file. I'll attach multiple files.

I attempted again, now, to send Feedback through StreamFab and it failed to send again.

So, here they are separate since they wouldn't fit in 1 archive. Not including the Amazon logs that are archived by StreamFab since I'm only reporting about Hulu ATM. Okay, now I see it's limited to 5 attachments per post.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The rest..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X