Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the topic is 6132, I would like to point out that I reported the issue with Chapter creation on Amazon... 5 months ago, maybe 6. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
      Since the topic is 6132, I would like to point out that I reported the issue with Chapter creation on Amazon... 5 months ago, maybe 6. LOL.
      Ahhh, a little over two months is more like it. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ork#post425341 Don't worry, I'm not busting you. Time flies when you are having fun.
      Could you give an Amazon show/episode (or two) that you found that will not produce the chapters you are looking for? In your original message you mentioned NCIS and that some work and others don't. Could you tell me one that doesn't? And maybe one other episode from a different show. I want to try something. No guarantees (of anything).

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Ahhh, a little over two months is more like it. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ork#post425341 Don't worry, I'm not busting you. Time flies when you are having fun.
        Could you give an Amazon show/episode (or two) that you found that will not produce the chapters you are looking for? In your original message you mentioned NCIS and that some work and others don't. Could you tell me one that doesn't? And maybe one other episode from a different show. I want to try something. No guarantees (of anything).
        What you see publicly and what you see in my Tickets screen vary, but time does fly. I think it worked a couple of weeks from its inception, then broke.
        Pretty much all the crime shows, NCIS, CSI, etc. I assume it is based on the "X-ray" feature, when scenes change, the cast changes as well.
        One other thing that doesn't work with MKV files is the image attachments. If I download an episode as MP4, the thumbnail for the episode is attached to the file, but as MKV, they are not.

Comment

You are absolutely correct. Since I don't use it myself I forgot about the Tickets way of reporting a problem.
          So you are not going to give me two specific episodes that don't work as I requested? "Pretty much all the crime shows" doesn't help me because I don't know for certain that the episode I randomly pick is one where you see the chapters or not. With testing you can't have uncertainty. Nevermind then. Let the developers figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Interesting...

I wonder if you remove your Python 3.11 from your path if it'll still work... Or if you don't have Python at all...
            Well, that test ended abruptly. Peacock no problem. Hulu no problem. Even Crackle no problem. Loaded up Amazon - poof! - it disappears from the screen after about 2-3 seconds. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Add back the PYthon37 folder - no problem, runs like it should. Checked the logs and see that Amazon dies right at this point...
            0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:37 Info: "amazon_is_meta, in file open success, file size : 1060012"
            0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:38 Info: "amazon_is_meta, out file open success"
            0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:38 Info: "amazon_is_meta, result : 0"​
            This part of the log doesn't appear in the crash tries but does in the log of the run with PYthon37 installed. It is right after the last item in the crashed log.
            There is a python script named amazon_get_meta_info.py which might or might not be related. It doesn't show any specificity for Python 3.7 that I can see. In any event, it doesn't look like it wants to use my Python 3.11 in my Path.
            Ok, I can live with this. Hopefully they convert everything over to >3.7 in the near future. I'm grateful that they were able to update yt-dlp.

Comment

you can use ffmpeg to create your chapters - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-using-ffmpeg

Comment

Well, that test ended abruptly. Peacock no problem. Hulu no problem. Even Crackle no problem. Loaded up Amazon - poof! - it disappears from the screen after about 2-3 seconds. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Add back the PYthon37 folder - no problem, runs like it should. Checked the logs and see that Amazon dies right at this point...
                0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:37 Info: "amazon_is_meta, in file open success, file size : 1060012"
                0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:38 Info: "amazon_is_meta, out file open success"
                0x00002938 2023:07:22-16:42:38 Info: "amazon_is_meta, result : 0"​
                This part of the log doesn't appear in the crash tries but does in the log of the run with PYthon37 installed. It is right after the last item in the crashed log.
                There is a python script named amazon_get_meta_info.py which might or might not be related. It doesn't show any specificity for Python 3.7 that I can see. In any event, it doesn't look like it wants to use my Python 3.11 in my Path.
                Ok, I can live with this. Hopefully they convert everything over to >3.7 in the near future. I'm grateful that they were able to update yt-dlp.
                Yeah when i tried to update to 3.11, i didn't try all providers but since i was doing it on the machine used to download from Canada, it could have only been Amazon or Netflix.

In my tests, everything was working except after the download when it does the "Processing". That is where it decrypts the files and i guess that's where python comes into play for Amazon & Netflix.

I don't know the history of StreamFab but i am guessing Amazon & Netflix were the first 2 modules coded and the "newer" modules like Peacock & Hulu don't rely on Python...
                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                X